Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM500 failure after disconnect from power

migmadmarine
Aspirant

CM500 failure after disconnect from power

Inorder to move my desk a few feet, I had to unplug my modem (only from the powersupply and ethernet, I did not disconnect the co-ax cable) yesterday. After moving everthing, it has been unable to successfully reconnect. Having tried various things, in communication with comcast and prior to, the result always is 

1. Attach power. 

2. Solid green power light. 

3. Downstream and Upstream lights blink amber, internet light blinks green. The lights blink in unison 20 times. Then all lights come on for a moment, power light cycles through amber then red, the lights go out, and the powerlight re-illuminates green. 

4. After several seconds, the cycle repeats.

After mabye 15 min of this, it just goes to solid green on the power light, all other lights off, and nothing will change from then on. I've attempted several power of/on cycles, and disconnected then reconnected the coax as well, and also tried the reset pin-press on the back of the unit. 

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 2
migmadmarine
Aspirant

Re: CM500 failure after disconnect from power

Solved, as I had plugged my router power cable into my modem and vice versa so it wasn't getting enough power. Good lesson in labling your power supplies. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7