Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: CM700 Xfinity issue

chheangva
Aspirant

CM700 Xfinity issue

Hello, I'm running into some similar issues as the following thread with some minor differences:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/CM1000-Xfinity-issues/td-p/1445693

Problem: I should be getting 500mb download speeds from Xfinity but I'm only getting 300mb when using the Netgear CM700 modem. I have had multi techs troubleshoot over the phone and onsite. They have checked signals over the phone and onsite techs have checked the physical lines a couple of time. The last time they were onsite, they swapped out the Netgear modem with their Xfinity xFi router and we were able to get the full 500mb download speeds. We swapped it back to the Netgear modem and it went back down to 300mb. Here is a quick summary of what has been done:

- plugged Netgear modem directly to the coax cable and not through a splitter

- factory reset the Netgear modem numerous times

- speed test executed while plugged directly into Netgear modem with ethernet cable

- check the channels and did not see any "uncorrectable" counts

- checked the power and did not see anything higher than the 3.5dbmv variation between channels

I opened a ticket with Netgear a couple of weeks back and they told me the reason why I'm not getting the full download speeds was because my all upstream bonded channels needed to be "locked". They told me to get back with Xfinity and tell them to make sure all channels are locked. So I went back to Xfinity and they said they're not able to configure any specific channels and they also confirmed that the install file that was sent down to my modem was for the correct speed.

I'm stuck right now because I'm not sure if the upstream bonded channels being unlocked is the real issue. After looking through the other threads, it seems like another people shared their screenshots and their upstream bonded channels looked similar to mine. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Could I have a faulty modem? 

Model: CM700|High Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.0
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If the ISP checked and different modem and then put the CM700 back online, possible the CM is faulty and needs to be replaced or RMAd. Might contact NG support and ask.

@vkdelta 

Message 2 of 8
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

what level of service Package do you have? 

I have seen 250/300 and 400 Packages but not 500.

Are you sure device was provisioned with correct boot file? 

Please post your CM MAC and what service do you think it shoud be provisioned for.

Also, pls provide connection and Event logs.

Message 3 of 8
chheangva
Aspirant

I have the Xfinity Extreme Pro Internet package (500 down / 10 up).

I talked to a "supervisor" with Comcast/Xfinity and they confirmed that the bootfile was specific for my Netgear modem and configured for the correct speeds. I also had them re-push the boot file down to the modem again and still the same issue.

Message 4 of 8
chheangva
Aspirant

attaching my connection details

Message 5 of 8
chheangva
Aspirant

second attachement

Message 6 of 8
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Your Event log shows you have tons of T3 timeouts.

also, most likely there is lot of noise on one of the US channels which is causing retries exhausted. 

Your line definitely has noise on at least one US channel (if not more)

Message 7 of 8
chheangva
Aspirant

I do see the timeouts but didn't think much of it because they were so spaced out. There was only one day were I was getting multiple of those T3 timeouts.

I already processed a return. I'll update this ticket once I get the new modem installed.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7