Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't Access RouterLogin.net

NGearUser
Aspirant

Can't Access RouterLogin.net

Model: N450 (CG3000Dv2)|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Comcast V3.01.22

For the first few years of having this model any computer or device on the network could access the modem router through 192.168.0.1 or routerlogin.net with no issues. For about 6 months those never load. We always have to restart the entire router to access the control panel. It's kind of a pain because we turn wifi on and off quite a bit as part of keeping our family offline overnight.

What changed? Is this a Comcast firmware update problem?

Thanks.

Model: N450|N450 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Can't Access RouterLogin.net

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

This modem is getting a bit older.

FW udpates come from NG then get sent to ISP for validation then pushed out to customers modems. 

Message 2 of 4
NGearUser
Aspirant

No I've been avoiding Factory Reset because we use both the option to restrict new devices being eligible to access wifi without approval AND Access Control Allow List. Guessing we might have like 20-30 deviceswith all those MAC adresses  so resetting everything up would be a lot of work.

We could get a new modem router, but it's a pain because we'd have to have COmcast wave their magic wand to allow it to work on their network. There is no way I'm going to let them supply the hardware to turn my house into a wifi-hub for the neighbors.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to try. You can save off a backup configuration to file of the current modem, then do a factory reset. Walk thru the setup wizard. If if works here, then just re-load up the back up configuration from file. 

I recommend that you eventually get your self into a modem only unit and then connect up a external wifi router. Something you have more control over and can update FW when it's available. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7