Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting Cable Modem to home phone line

Joesculpt
Follower

Connecting Cable Modem to home phone line

Hi,

I am new to the Cable Modem with voice, world. I presently have the Modem's phone jack attached to a wireless phone base. Now I need to connect that modem's phone jack to the phone lines in my home, using 'modular cables'. I have disconnected the 'original' phone providers supply cable and now have only a number of phone jack supply lines connected together at a junction box. I would like to connect the Modem's phone jack to that line. I would like to connect the Modems 'voice' jack to that group of lines in hopes of supplying the system with phone signal. I would be using only 3 jacks to connect phones. I am trying to be very careful because I am not sure how that would work. I have read that the Cable modem with Voice, can connect to one phone; but, how about multiple phones?  I heard that 'filters' have to be inserted between the modem's phone jack, if any connection is made to a large phone line and also that anything attached to that system needs to have filters attached first. Can you please give me some info about what can and cannot be done.

Thanks,

Joe

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Connecting Cable Modem to home phone line

What model modem do you have?

Review the installation guide and user manual for the model modem on how to connect it to your home phone system. You may need to contact the ISP additional help and information regaring the phone services and connection. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7