Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LED Color - CM700 Modem

pwc73mgb
Guide

LED Color - CM700 Modem

Can someone help me understand what the different LED colors mean on my CM700 cable modem.? There are two "lightning bolt" symbols. I noticed my internet speed was very slow and ran speed test which confirm low speed ~ 10mbps. I happen to look at my modem and both "lightning bolt symbols were amber color. The internet connection symbol was solid green and acitivity symbol was blinking green. I turned off the power to my modem and waited 20 seconds. Turned power back on and all lights came back green. Took another speed test and everything was back to normal > 75mbps. I can't find any information on what color means on my cable modem. All other modems I have used tell you what colors means. THere appears to be a direct connnection to the amber color and slow speeds and I would like to know what the cause is. 

Model: CM700|DOCSIS® 3.0 32x8
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

Re: LED Color - CM700 Modem

DS - Amber = NO CHANNEL BONDING 

DS - Green = Channel bondedd

US - AMBER = NO CHANNEL BONDING

US - GREEN = CHANNEL BONDED

if it is Amber, most likely there was an issue with the signal coming and modem dropped to 1x1 mode and it will cause speed to be lower.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
vkdelta
NETGEAR Expert

DS - Amber = NO CHANNEL BONDING 

DS - Green = Channel bondedd

US - AMBER = NO CHANNEL BONDING

US - GREEN = CHANNEL BONDED

if it is Amber, most likely there was an issue with the signal coming and modem dropped to 1x1 mode and it will cause speed to be lower.

Message 2 of 3
pwc73mgb
Guide

Thanks. Very helpful.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements