Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

My ISP Atlantic Broadband needs the newest firmware for my router from Netgear

Cobia137
Aspirant

My ISP Atlantic Broadband needs the newest firmware for my router from Netgear

My ISP Atlantic Broadband says they do not have a firmware update for the Netgear C6300.  I have an old version 1.X, can someone at Netgear send Atlantic Broadband ISP the latest firmware update so I can get my cable modem updated?  As you know only ISP's are allowed to update this modem/router.

Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: My ISP Atlantic Broadband needs the newest firmware for my router from Netgear

Hello Cobia137

I will have to ask about this and see if we work directly with this ISP.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Cobia137
Aspirant

Re: My ISP Atlantic Broadband needs the newest firmware for my router from Netgear

Hi DarrenM.  I called Netgear support the other day and was told by a tech that "Netgear does not provide firmware to ISP's for users cable modems".  I referred to several Netgear KB articles that specifically contradict this.  They told me their supervisor was not available.  At the end of the day, I have exhausted myself in making several calls to my ISP and Netgear to get a simple firmware upgrade on my otherwise well working Netgear C6300 modem.  I am also done using Netgear equipment.  I am relegated to going back and renting a cable modem from my ISP that is 100% managed by them including firmware updates.  I am dissappointed that we could not work this out.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7