Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear C7000100NAS - DLNA video playback stops midway on my Vizio TV

gotham
Aspirant

Netgear C7000100NAS - DLNA video playback stops midway on my Vizio TV

I have been using the Comcast XB3 modem since one year and thought of swaping XB3 with C7000.

One of my main usecase is to stream local video files (all types eg.1080p and even 2160p, file size ranging 200MB to 15GB) from my Windows 10 PC to my Vizio TV. On the TV I would select the DLNA function to access this files. TV connected via ethernet and PC is connected to XB3 via wifi. With this setup I never had any issues during play back.

I setup C7000 and played a video and it played for approx 1 minute and stopped. Kept on happening. Not sure what the issue is. It some kind of buffering issue or some other setting specific to C7000 which is causing this?

If I not have a solution for this will have to return the C7000 and go back to using XB3.

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Netgear C7000100NAS - DLNA video playback stops midway on my Vizio TV

What is your network setup do you have any other types of routers or switches connected to the C7000?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
gotham
Aspirant

Re: Netgear C7000100NAS - DLNA video playback stops midway on my Vizio TV

My setup consists on only one cable model+router. Currently I have the C7000 as the cable modem+router.

There is around 6 or so mobile/TV/AV receiver connected to it either via LAN/wifi.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7