Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear CM500-100NAS showing high uncorrectables on Downstream Channels 6-8

kp35
Follower

Netgear CM500-100NAS showing high uncorrectables on Downstream Channels 6-8

Ever since around 1 week ago, the internet speed on all of my devices throughout my home drop to below 1 mbps at around 9:30 PM (earlier in the day, Wi-Fi speeds are as high as 40mbps). My ISP is Optimum in Central New Jersey.

Optimum insists that "everything is fine" on their end, and to check with Netgear. Attached is the picture of what I am seeing. 

Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Netgear CM500-100NAS showing high uncorrectables on Downstream Channels 6-8

Besides the channel errors, your power levels are bad. You're downstream is coming in to high and your upstream is to low. 

Usually if you're getting channel errors is one of several things:

1. Splitters. Check all your splitter or remove them from the line for testing. Corrosion can cause these to create errors

2. bad cables. inspect the cables for water damage, corrosion, poor connections, or loose connections. Cheap connections can also create more problems than they solve. 

3. Amplifiers. Remove any of these from the line

4. I'd move the modem to right where the cable enters your home and direct connect it without any splitters or anything else. this reduces the chance that its something within your home causing the issues. If when thats done, you're still getting the errors (which you do have a lot of) and your power is still not what it should be, then it is the cable companies responsibility to ensure you have a good signal entering your house. They're not responsible for it after it enters the house but they do have to have a good signal at that point. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7