FURRYe38
Guru

New - CAX30 Firmware Version 1.4.10.10 Released

New Features and Enhancements:

•    Stability Improvements

Download Link: 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/cax30.aspx#download

Firmware Update Instructions:

To update your product’s firmware, follow the instructions in your product’s user manual. To find your user manual, visit https://www.netgear.com/support/

enter your model number in the search box, and click the Documentation button on the product page. 

NOTE: This upgrade is for the ROUTER portion of the CAX only. Modem portion Firmware upgrades are pushed down by your ISP. For more information, please see our https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

Manually update FW on the router if this isn't seen on the routers web page:

https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

NOTE: Use a wired PC and web browser to update router FW. If continued problems are seen after a FW update, it's recommended to try a factory reset and setup from scratch with out loading any saved configurations from backup files.

https://kb.netgear.com/9665/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-NETGEAR-router

https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...

This article applies to:

Message 1 of 22
Fishing4me2
Aspirant

Re: CAX30

Hi, my CAX30 firmware seems to update on its own even after I downgrade it. Can I stop that. The new firmware isn't working on it. 

Message 2 of 22
Fishing4me2
Aspirant

Re: New - CAX30 Firmware Version 1.4.10.10 Released

Hi, my CAX30 firmware (modem portion) seems to update on its own even after I downgrade it. Can I stop that. The new firmware isn't working on it. 

Message 3 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Whats not working on it? 

Did you perform a factory reset and setup from scratch after updating the FW? 

@Fishing4me2 wrote:

Hi, my CAX30 firmware (modem portion) seems to update on its own even after I downgrade it. Can I stop that. The new firmware isn't working on it. 

Message 4 of 22
Fishing4me2
Aspirant

Hi,

yes I did the factory reset & put in the firmware that works for me. I’ll start from the beginning. About a year ago when I got the CAX30 I had problems with it setting up a different ip address for each of my devices I was adding(have about 27 devices running). It would only do about 7 devices. So I called tech support & I ended up getting the engineer that works on them & he finally made up a custom firmware for me & it’s worked ever since then up until yesterday when it updated to a new version(1.4.11.2). But every time I put it back to my custom version that works it seems to update overnight. So hopefully someone can help me or I was thinking of just going with a separate router & WiFi system.

Message 5 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you try a factory reset and setup from scratch after the newer FW was loaded? 

Message 6 of 22
Fishing4me2
Aspirant

Yes. But I don’t want the new firmware. Need it to
keep my custom firmware
Message 7 of 22
sryan
Aspirant

Is it normal for the configuration screen to read version 1.4.11.2 after installing this firmware?

Seems pretty confusing that the package is 1.4.10.10.

Message 8 of 22
sryan
Aspirant

I am experiencing a similar behavior. I have also had problems reserving ip addresses and hoped this update might improve that. When I loaded the update my firmware now reads 1.4.11.2 which seems very strange. The dhcp problems still exist and now I can't seem to re-load the previous firmware rev. The hourglass on the fw update page just spins and spins. I've tried several web browsers and computers. same thing..

The CAX30 is not the only Netgear router that has problems reserving ip addresses. There seem to be several threads on various router models with problems. It seems unbelievable that a company as large as netgear can't get their software in order. Very disappointing. My interim solution has been to use fixed ip addresses out of range of the router assignment pool on devices that need fixed addresses.. 

My CAX30 has also been periodically loosing all it's WIFI ssid configuration. I have a replacement unit arriving tomorrow. Hope it's better but I'm not very hopeful.

Message 9 of 22
sryan
Aspirant

By 'factory reset and setup from scratch' do you mean that we should not restore a previously stored settings file?

Also, does your installation cause the firmware level to be shown as 1.10.11.2 on the opening html configuration page?

I am concerned that the download package is not what it should be.

And Thanks,

sryan

Message 10 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Set up from scratch and do not load a saved backup from file. 

Would you capture the screen on the modems page where you see this FW version at? 

I'll get this to NG for review. 

Thank you. 

@sryan wrote:

By 'factory reset and setup from scratch' do you mean that we should not restore a previously stored settings file?

Also, does your installation cause the firmware level to be shown as 1.10.11.2 on the opening html configuration page?

I am concerned that the download package is not what it should be.

And Thanks,

sryan

Message 11 of 22
Fishing4me2
Aspirant

Hi, so far it hasn’t updated to the new firmware. So it’s working for me now all of sudden. Weird

AAC01A13-BB38-46E2-886D-0BBB26B0EBA4.jpeg

Message 12 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Where did you get this version of FW from? I see it's not reporting v1.4.10.10...Most ENG builds a a beta from NG support.

@Fishing4me2 wrote:

Hi, so far it hasn’t updated to the new firmware. So it’s working for me now all of sudden. Weird

AAC01A13-BB38-46E2-886D-0BBB26B0EBA4.jpeg

Message 13 of 22
Fishing4me2
Aspirant

The engineer at netgear made a custom firmware for me & it works great. 

Message 14 of 22
sryan
Aspirant

screenshot.png

Message 15 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Thank you. 

Message 16 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

When was this done for you?

@Fishing4me2 wrote:

The engineer at netgear made a custom firmware for me & it works great. 

Message 17 of 22
Fishing4me2
Aspirant

Last year it was done after I was sent a brand new router, because they couldn’t figure out what the problem was. Even with the new router too. 

Message 18 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. 

Up to you however if you do update, let us know what you see and experience. 

Thank you. 

@Fishing4me2 wrote:

Last year it was done after I was sent a brand new router, because they couldn’t figure out what the problem was. Even with the new router too. 

Message 19 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 20 of 22
Fishing4me2
Aspirant

That’s the firmware version that kept updating my router with, but it doesn’t work for me. So far my custom firmware is working great. Hasn’t updated on me yet
Message 21 of 22
FURRYe38
Guru

Not much to go off. 
What do you mean by "kept updating my router"? 

Did you manually download and manually apply the FW update with a wired PC and web browser? 

What doesn't work for you with this version of FW loaded? 

@Fishing4me2 wrote:
That’s the firmware version that kept updating my router with, but it doesn’t work for me. So far my custom firmware is working great. Hasn’t updated on me yet

Message 22 of 22
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 21 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7