Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk C7000v2 FTP Server

Dillmiester
Aspirant

Nighthawk C7000v2 FTP Server

Hello everyone I recently purchased this router/modem to replace my Spectrum supplied combo, I want to utilize the built in FTP server to share my 4TB external hard drive over the internet and also locally in the house. I tried a few things and read some forums but nothing has solved my issues yet.

I used the built in function to create a No-IP hostname but when I try to connect to it through FTP it will say unroutable address and something about the LIST function I tried making it active instead of passive both ports are set to 21, I havent forwarded any ports. I get a prompt for the password in ftp and can access http://readyshare.routerlogin.net/shares.

Networking I have never cared for.

Please help.
Message 1 of 8
Dillmiester
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk C7000v2 FTP Server

Bump.  

Message 2 of 8
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Dillmiester,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

Thank you for reaching out. We are sorry for not getting back to you immediately. Just to clarify, you just want to access your 4TB hardware which is plugged into your Cable modem locally. If yes, you do not need NO-IP for this matter. Please check this link https://kb.netgear.com/20391/ReadySHARE-USB-Storage-GUI-explained

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 3 of 8
Dillmiester
Aspirant

I will take a look at the article.

From what I read it seemed like I should have the NO IP because I dont have a static IP and it simplifies this issue. I would really like to get it working through the internet so I can access remotely or anyone I give the credentials.

I cant even access FTP locally. Im using all the default settings I havent changed any ports or done anything with the firewall. Some people were saying NAT causes problems.

At some point the HTTP was working but FTP always gives me a error it will prompt for password and all.
Message 4 of 8
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Dillmiester,

Did you check if the FTP( Local) under the Readyshare page is enabled? If not please do so.

Enable FTP Access Within Your Network File Transfer Protocol (FTP) lets you download (receive) and upload (send) large files faster. To enable FTP access within your network: 

1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the router network. 

2. Enter http://www.routerlogin.net. A login window opens. 

3. Enter the router admin user name and password. The user name is admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive. The BASIC Home page displays. 

4. Select ADVANCED > USB Functions > ReadySHARE Storage. The USB Storage (Advanced Settings) page displays. 

5. Select the FTP check box. 

6. Click the Apply button. Your settings are saved.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 5 of 8
Dillmiester
Aspirant

All boxes are checked on the enable row on the left and admin password protect on the right. Ports are unchanged from default. 

Message 6 of 8
Dillmiester
Aspirant

When I try to access ftp://75.115.36.xxx/shares   It acts like it is loading but then it says cannot reach page. 

If I click on the link in the router administration page next to HTTP it will take me to a green colored screen with a list of the directories on the drive curiously that works.

Message 7 of 8
Dillmiester
Aspirant

Please anyone help I still have not figured out whats going on and would love to utilize this feature.
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7