Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Please help me find my CAX80 power supply!

gil2009
Aspirant

Please help me find my CAX80 power supply!

For some reason I cannot find the model number of my power supply ! please help. I need to order a new one

Message 1 of 21
plemans
Guru

Re: Please help me find my CAX80 power supply!

netgear doesn't sell replacement power supplies. 

You can usually pick up 3rd party supplies through ebay/amazon though. 

I believe its a 19v 3.16amp power supply. 

Message 2 of 21
gil2009
Aspirant

yes I already tried ordering one but the connector wouldn't fit.. I need a power supply without a pin inside the barrel 

Message 3 of 21

@gil2009 wrote:

yes I already tried ordering one but the connector wouldn't fit.. I need a power supply without a pin inside the barrel 

Look for one that comes with a choice of barrels. Something like this:

Generic adapterGeneric adapter

Message 4 of 21
gil2009
Aspirant

to be honest I own a couple of these sets already and they don't come with this size. I must say the barrel size specs are quite unique.

Message 5 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

I would reach out to a forum moderator and ask them about the barrel connector. It is unique to the CAX80. 

@olympos1625 

@gil2009 wrote:

to be honest I own a couple of these sets already and they don't come with this size. I must say the barrel size specs are quite unique.

Message 6 of 21
gil2009
Aspirant

I just need anybody who already owns this modem to tell me the model number... I'm sure I can find it on eBay..

Message 7 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

I see AD2003F10 listed on mine

Part Number is 332-11480-01

Message 8 of 21

@gil2009 wrote:

I just need anybody who already owns this modem to tell me the model number... I'm sure I can find it on eBay..

The problem there is that if Netgear does not sell them, a model number may not get you very far.

But Amazon sellers sometimes list compatibility information for the generic devices on offer. eBay sellers may do the same thing.

Message 9 of 21
gil2009
Aspirant

@FURRYe38  Thank you very much! Unfortunately I was unable to find any on eBay at the moment. I will keep an eye out for one.. apparently it's really rare.

Message 10 of 21
olympos1625
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @gil2009,

Welcome to NETGEAR Community!

We are sorry for not being able to get back to you immediately. May we know what happens to your CAX80 modem power adapter? Did you register the CAX80 to your MyNetgear account? If yes, please SM us the serial number of the CAX80 modem.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need further assistance. 

Regards,

Oliver

Community Team

Message 11 of 21
Nima13
Aspirant

Hi gil2009:

were you able to find the adapter? I have the exact issue and it is really hard to find it. I will appreciate if you can help me. I had this modem/router for 13 months and even though I registered it, it is out of warranty now, and I have no idea where to find this power supply.

Thank you!

Message 12 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact the forum moderator:

@olympos1625 

@Nima13 wrote:

Hi gil2009:

were you able to find the adapter? I have the exact issue and it is really hard to find it. I will appreciate if you can help me. I had this modem/router for 13 months and even though I registered it, it is out of warranty now, and I have no idea where to find this power supply.

Thank you!

Message 13 of 21
gil2009
Aspirant

. no luck. sorry. please let me know if you find something.

Message 14 of 21
AndyTomlin
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. I got a PSU off amazon an AD2003F10 but it has a pin in and doesnt fit even though it is 19V and 3.16A

Message 15 of 21
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact the forum moderator:

@olympos1625 

@gil2009 @AndyTomlin 

Message 16 of 21
plemans
Guru

@AndyTomlin wrote:

I am having the same problem. I got a PSU off amazon an AD2003F10 but it has a pin in and doesnt fit even though it is 19V and 3.16A

When I looked on amazon for that same part number, I found a listing that looked perfect with a "genuine netgear" adapter. There was photos in the comments showing the original versus what they got. And its wrong. So not sure what they sent the user but it probably isn't correct. So you might just want to be a little careful when you order and compare the original with what you got. 

Message 17 of 21
AndyTomlin
Aspirant

I contacted the moderator, but no reply

Message 18 of 21
AndyTomlin
Aspirant

@plemans The part I ordered was new and exactly what is shown in the picture, however the barrel on the connector is the small one with the pin. This is what I ordered, and it has the wrong connector:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B084WMFLJS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Message 19 of 21
plemans
Guru

It was that exact same post that had a user post that the one he got didn't match the original. 

I have the CAX80 and its the larger diameter plug in the photo. 

Message 20 of 21
AndyTomlin
Aspirant

This power supply works as a replacement: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09XMFRLBG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

It has 2 styles of connectors included. It includes a connector for the socket without a center pin. Was able to power up my Modem, not tested everything out yet.

Message 21 of 21
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 20 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7