Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RMA Processing Issues?

decosse
Apprentice

RMA Processing Issues?

This is not a technical question on the Modem, but a general question regarding the RMA Process (sorry I can't really find an appropriate forum to post this question) 

Is there currently a problem with the on-line capability to process Credit Card? 

I have been trying for 48 hrs to process my RMA and attempting to use the 'Advanced Ground Return' option- it consistently fails at the Credit Card stage - have entered multiple different cards all of which are valid, different browsers, even used my phone with wifi turned off - it virtually always returns 'invalid credit card info'; except twice have actually managed to get the credit card info saved (green check on the online form) only for it to fail at the 'complete purchase' stage where it just posted 'something has gone wrong' 

Upon calling Customer Support 2 days ago, was told that there was a server problem and to try again next day; however it still is not working, yesterday (after 24) or today (after 48) 

The Agent yesterday said there were no current Server issues and had been resolved; he opened a new case number purely on the RMA (as opposed to the actual hardware issue) and I'm currently awaiting a call back from an agent to address that - and hopefully take my CC info over phone. 

My general question is - am I the only one having this issue?

IS there a Netgear Server (or software/firmware) issue currently inhibiting the online process, particularly with respect to Credit Card Processing? 

Model: CM1150V|DOCSIS 3.1 Nighthawk® Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem for XFINITY® Voice
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RMA Processing Issues?

Hopefully a forum moderator can help you out. 

@Blanca_O 

@ChristineT 

Message 2 of 4
decosse
Apprentice

Thank you @FURRYe38 for calling out the Mod's attention - much appreciated 

Message 3 of 4
decosse
Apprentice

This is now Day 5 of trying to get my credit card info entered and call #4 to Netgear Support purely in this regard ouwith the original technical issue. 

I have just concluded with Agent # 5 in the course of this call, which has already been 2 hrs at this point of writing! 

It is not being declined, says invalid information 

Have tried 5 different browsers over 2 different platforms 

This current tech sent me a direct invoice - same as tech at beginning of week did and tech earlier in the current call - but still involves completing essentially the same form and fails at the same step

During the course of the call with Agent 5, I called my bank on another line checking on my preferred card status - they validated it was active and further checking said that no inquiries had been placed on it in the last 24 hrs - again validating it was not being declined by the bank.  

I did not get anywhere - they finally said would escalate to "engineering" to find out why it would not accept the input, either at my end or at theirs. 

So now I am waiting for another call back from 'engineering' 

I cannot possibly be the only person having this issue with the credit card validation????

That was my reason for writing here, not to seek resolution (which is clearly outwith the forum's capabilities) but simply to find out if 

a) others are having/have had similar issues recently 

or

b) that they have had NO issue during the course of this week and have successfully processed a credit card transaction on an RM 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7