Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stuck in Router Password Recovery mode using Chrome

sheaves99
Aspirant

Stuck in Router Password Recovery mode using Chrome

This problem just started yesterday.  Whenever I try to get to routerlogin.net with Chrome I get stuck in a Router Password Recovery loop that constantly asks for my serial number (which I successfully fill in) and my security questions (again successfully fill in).  After answering the security questions, my browser immediately goes back to the Router Password Recovery screen.  I have tried turning off googles password auto signin feature and I have cleared the browsing data.  Nothing works.  I can successfully login to my router using Firefox or Edge without getting stuck on the Router Password Recovery page, but not with Chrome.  Any suggestions?

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Stuck in Router Password Recovery mode using Chrome

It seems to have been a problem with the update to chrome 77 and netgears gui.  Some have reported that if they reboot their computers, it fixes the issue. 

otherwise most have had to use chrome canary, edge, or firefox until the chrome team and netgear team figure out a resolution. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Chrome-77-breaks-orbi-login-page/m-p/1799323#M70349

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

It seems to have been a problem with the update to chrome 77 and netgears gui.  Some have reported that if they reboot their computers, it fixes the issue. 

otherwise most have had to use chrome canary, edge, or firefox until the chrome team and netgear team figure out a resolution. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Chrome-77-breaks-orbi-login-page/m-p/1799323#M70349

Message 2 of 3
sheaves99
Aspirant

Thanks.  That did work.  After shutting down and powering back up, I was finally able to login to my router.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7