Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Update Firmware in Netgear C3700 moden router N600

HT2000
Follower

Update Firmware in Netgear C3700 moden router N600

Hi

Bought a standalone (not through ISP) a C3700 N600 Netgear modem router a couple of years ago.

How can I update its FirmWare...it is outdated? Beacse I did not buy/rent it through ISP, ISP would not push the firmware through. So I have to do it manually.

Tried Genie but no luck.

Thanks 

Model: C3700|N600 Cable Gateway Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Update Firmware in Netgear C3700 moden router N600

Firmware for combo devices have to come from an ISP. There's no way to manually update them. Even though they don't provide the combo device, when they paritition it (provided its compatible with their service), it'll update the device to THEIR most recent firmware.  

https://kb.netgear.com/000036375/What-s-the-latest-firmware-version-of-my-NETGEAR-cable-modem-or-mod...

here's the disclaimer that the ISP can contact Netgear for most recent firmware for that device but the update has to come from ISP. 

If your ISP is not listed in the tables above, or if your device's firmware is not up to date, advise your ISP to contact our sales engineering team using the contact form available at http://www.netgear.com/service-providers/contact-us/CableMSO.aspx. Netgear will provide your ISP with the latest firmware.

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Update Firmware in Netgear C3700 moden router N600

FYI, some ISPs will not update consumer owned modems. Please check with your ISP to see how they handle customer owned modems. As mentioned. ISPs handle FW updates on modems and modem router combo units. 

@HT2000 wrote:

Hi

Bought a standalone (not through ISP) a C3700 N600 Netgear modem router a couple of years ago.

How can I update its FirmWare...it is outdated? Beacse I did not buy/rent it through ISP, ISP would not push the firmware through. So I have to do it manually.

Tried Genie but no luck.

Thanks 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7