Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wave Broadband

Lcarey596
Aspirant

Wave Broadband

CM2050V & C7100V
I'm looking at both of these modems with voice, but C7100V says that it is not compatible with cable bundled services, but it does come with a 5GHz connection. I'm just trying to grow into my new hardware before it is outdated.

I'm also buying the Orbi Mesh Wifi 6 with a router & 2 satellites. And it has the two connection bands of 2.4 & 5 GHz.

I just want to make sure that everything is compatible with each other and with Wave. Road and. I try to call them but after being on hold for almost 2 hrs, I gave up.

Please help me... Thanks

Model: C7100V|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Wave Broadband

If your wanting to get an Orbi 6 series system, then you wan to get the CM model modem. 

Message 2 of 4
Lcarey596
Aspirant

Well, I just found out from Wave Broadband that I don’t need a modem with voice!
In fact, they said that their original modem will stay for our voice portion of our service.
Then I purchase a splitter for the cable and attach one side to their modem and the other side of the splitter to a new modem that I would purchase without voice.
The problem is that they said that a Netgear modem is not the way to go. And to purchase a Arris Surfboard SB8200 modem.
Anybody with help on this would be appreciated.
Thanks
Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

I would go with what the ISP recommends. NG has modems with voice however its up to the ISP to approve of user owned modems. Some may not support NG branded modems. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7