× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear MR5200 'Mobile broadband disconnected'

erson
Aspirant

Netgear MR5200 'Mobile broadband disconnected'

Hi all,

I have two Netgear MR5200's, after a couple of months with my first I received the message 'mobile broadband disconnected'. I was using an EE sim, I tried various sim cards in the device and played with the APN settings but to no avail. I contacted Netgear and received a replacement device, which worked for around 8 months (I even checked all the firmware/hardware details which were identical to the first) but now it's come up with the same issue.

Firmware version: NTGX55_12.04.17.00

Hardware version: 1.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 3
TmacTradingLtd
Apprentice

Re: Netgear MR5200 'Mobile broadband disconnected'

I have the same issue.  However in my case, it seems either EE have cut me off (since I applied to dissolve my company due to debts). Or the sim card is at fault as my EE pay as you go sim worked fine in it.

Message 2 of 3
TmacTradingLtd
Apprentice

Re: Netgear MR5200 'Mobile broadband disconnected'

Called EE about my pay as you go sim, as speeds were slow. They did a network reset for me, which re-routed my phone to a less saturated base station. Asked them about my Business EE account and they confirmed that my account has been suspended, since I've applied to dissolve the company.

another thing I could suggest, is getting a couple of 5G external antennae you may need a TS9 adaptor as the router has TS9 terminals.

I wish you all the best getting your connection going again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series