× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Netgear Nighthawk M1 wont connected to Vodaphone UK sim

Lance77
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk M1 wont connected to Vodaphone UK sim

Hi I bought a Nighthawk M1 recently. I added a vodaphone UK sim with data into the device. Logged into the dashboard. Clicked set up APN and vodaphone was selected in the automatic choice in the cellular settings. 

However it just wont connected. On the dashboard, the first icon says NOT CONNECTED. 

Ive tried putting manual APN settings in but again no dice. 

I even tried a different sim, Three Mobile, but with the same results.

I've been on this a good few hours now, watched a load of YouTube videos and read a load of posts but im not getting anywhere. 

I'd really appreciate some help getting connected. 

Thanks 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 5
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear Nighthawk M1 wont connected to Vodaphone UK sim

Could you please help to capture a modem.json file when using the vodaphone UK?

- Logon to the webui (http://192.168.1.1 ) as an administrator
- Navigate to URL http://192.168.1.1/model.json via the same browser window
- Capture the results (by selecting all + copy) and send it back

Thanks

@Lance77 wrote:

Hi I bought a Nighthawk M1 recently. I added a vodaphone UK sim with data into the device. Logged into the dashboard. Clicked set up APN and vodaphone was selected in the automatic choice in the cellular settings. 

However it just wont connected. On the dashboard, the first icon says NOT CONNECTED. 

Ive tried putting manual APN settings in but again no dice. 

I even tried a different sim, Three Mobile, but with the same results.

I've been on this a good few hours now, watched a load of YouTube videos and read a load of posts but im not getting anywhere. 

I'd really appreciate some help getting connected. 

Thanks 

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 2 of 5
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

Never trust the generic APN.

Is it a Data sim or a phone sim with minutes/texts, although EU Net Neutrality remains post Brexit that you can use data in any device the default APN isn’t always the one or best to use, depending on how the sim has been provisioned at account level. This also different includes APN for contract & Prepaid on Vodafone, then data or phone sim too!

three defaults APN as three.co.uk but infact the 3internet APN blocks auto login to my3 but is much better a APN for Internet.

o2 & Vodafone (& Orange) were the worst at numerous APN & account provisioning, o2 has now kind of standardised such APN’s to a better volume but Voda remain the network with so many different APN’s.

It’s always best to check APN versus google for Vodafone Phone or mobile broadband contract/prepaid on their website or google first, save then reboot.
Message 3 of 5
Lance77
Aspirant

It's a phone sim with minutes, texts and a big data package. So it sounds like ive chosen the worst possible network with Vodaphone. Whats my solution; buy a data only package or just go with another network, if so what's the easiest network to set up with? 

Im on payg so I would only lose £15 if I choose another network.

Message 4 of 5
AyeAyeAye
Apprentice

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Archive/APN-Settings/td-p/1179473

Try the payg setting here.

Are you then hard rebooting after saving APN?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7