× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighhawk M6 WLAN goes to sleep

harrymomsen
Aspirant

Nighhawk M6 WLAN goes to sleep

I am using the M6 in my garden for a Wireless Bird Feeder ( Bird Buddy ) .

The feeder goes to sleep during the night and wakes up in the morning. There are no more WLAN devices present.

Now the problem: The M6 is set to „power mode“, so the WLAN should be online all the time and never go to sleepB047D79B-488E-4337-8EB4-9C2530A3B716.jpeg. But here it goes to sleep and of course does not go online again until I wake it up by pressing the WLAN button on the router. Since I am not in the garden all the time ( its several km away from my home) this is very annoying. I can not see any settings to solve the problem.

Any tips and tricks are very appreciated 🙂

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighhawk M6 WLAN goes to sleep

@harrymomsen wrote:

The feeder goes to sleep during the night and wakes up in the morning. There are no more WLAN devices present.

Now the problem: The M6 is set to „power mode“, so the WLAN should be online all the time and never go to sleepB047D79B-488E-4337-8EB4-9C2530A3B716.jpeg. But here it goes to sleep and of course does not go online again until I wake it up by pressing the WLAN button on the router. Since I am not in the garden all the time ( its several km away from my home) this is very annoying. I can not see any settings to solve the problem.

We will check on this and get back to you. I think you can also try change the setting on LCD to see whether it is working this way: Tap WiFi -> Options -> WiFi Standby -> Set to Never.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@harrymomsen wrote:

We will check on this and get back to you. I think you can also try change the setting on LCD to see whether it is working this way: Tap WiFi -> Options -> WiFi Standby -> Set to Never.

Message 2 of 6
harrymomsen
Aspirant

Message 3 of 6
harrymomsen
Aspirant

Thank you for your for your advice ! Yes really, if you make the settings with the LCD, WiFI stays alive. If you do this in the web interface, WiFI goes to sleep within 5 minutes ( power mode ) . Maybe a bug ?
Message 4 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Thanks for your confirmation. Yes. This is a bug. We will address it by turning off the WiFi standby timer when no battery used so that WiFi will not go to standby.

Regards

Message 5 of 6
igorjrr
Guide

M6 is an unfinished product full of bugs and issues that is being sold at premium price. You, and I, were fooled by Netgear. We wasted our money.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7