× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) - Phones get disconnected non-stop

Chaotiqq
Aspirant

Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) - Phones get disconnected non-stop

Hi,

Any (Andoird) Phone connected to the WiFi is beeing disconnected non-stop. Reconnects and Disconnects again.

Yes, I did try a Factory Reset.

Yes, I have the latest firmware (at least, it is what the unit claims!) -> NTGX55_12.04.12.00

I am using the unit as an AP, not as a mobile router, so there is no Sim installed. Running 5GHZ Network only. Laptops (windows) work just fine.

Message 1 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Nighthawk M5 (MR5200) - Phones get disconnected non-stop

Can you try connect to 2.4GHz WiFi and see whether the same issue happens? What is your Android phones brand and model?

Thanks

Message 2 of 6
Chaotiqq
Aspirant

Google Pixel 4,5 and 6. OnePlus 9. Samsung S22.

Message 3 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

@Chaotiqq wrote:

Google Pixel 4,5 and 6. OnePlus 9. Samsung S22.

Can you specify how you noticed that your phones got disconencted from WiFi? To further checking on this issue, we can set LCD to always on, when you see the phones got disconnected, please check WiFi status displayed on the LCD and see whether it is in standby mode with a red cross on the icon.

Message 4 of 6
Chaotiqq
Aspirant

I repeat again, the wifi is NOT IN STAND-BY MODE. There are active connections.

How I realize to disconnects? Well I open my phone, I open WiFi and I can see it is disconnceted. Then It connects automaticly and after a few seconds it is disconncted again. Over and over again. All Phones, same stuff.

Message 5 of 6
JohnPeng
NETGEAR Expert

Can you send me a photo of your device label by email to jopeng@netgear.com?

Is that OK if I send you a replace device and see whether you can see the same issue? I will make sure the device is tested on WiFi with these phones you mentioned. You can send your device back for us to debug further.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7