× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Will a Canadian Telus sim work in a Nighthawk MR5100 AT&T Hotspot?

daveasdf
Initiate

Will a Canadian Telus sim work in a Nighthawk MR5100 AT&T Hotspot?

I’m in Canada.   I acquired the Nighthawk MR5100 AT&T through another provider, which I cancelled.

I now have Canadian Telus but don’t have a 5G device except for this random hotspot device, so I was wondering if I could use it, and what configuration I would use?

I currently have sp.Telus.com as the APN, and PDP as ‘IPV4’, but doesn’t work.  I’m going to assume it’s not compatible because it’s the equivalent of being ‘locked’, but I thought I’d ask.

Thank you

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Will a Canadian Telus sim work in a Nighthawk MR5100 AT&T Hotspot?

You can check about getting it unlocked. Its possible to purchase unlock codes and there's guides on line (not on the officials site)

Message 2 of 4
daveasdf
Initiate

Hi Plemans, thank you. upon checking instructions from the first google search return website, I'm supposed to find an 'enter unlock code' field in admin section when in the router settings, (193.168.1.1 etc) but its not there, or anywhere in the settings. Does this mean it's unlocked?

I also see that there's username/password fields in the APN section that isn't there when you set it from the actual device.

Would I need this? I called Telus previously, the agent gave me all their apn, MMS, MMC settings, but no mention of username or password.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

the ISP would know the settings. 

Usually if its locked and you put a different sim, it asks for the code. So if it doesn't ask, its usually unlocked. 

You might have to check back with the ISP to confirm the settings needed on it. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7