Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Changing Open DNS login information

Kodimerlyn
Aspirant

Changing Open DNS login information

I am attempting to purchase Circle premium for my R6400, AC1750 router.  

I am told my router is not compatible, even though it is LISTED as a compatible router.  

Instructed to login to parental controls and then OpenDNS.  HOWEVER, OpenDNS will NOT accept my username and password, which I KNOW is correct as I save ALL MY PASSWORDS on my cell in a secure file.  No matter what I try it will NOT accept my username and password.  SO I try and register using another email address and username. At which time I am notified that my Open DNS is already registered with this device! At no time am I asked to reset my username or password!!  Instead I am directed to support after researchin this community, only to discover that I am required to pay them $50 to get help with THEIR SOFTWARE THAT IS NOT ALLOWING MY ACCESS CREDENTIALS!! 

As you can tell I am unfuriated by this frustration!! I am ready to spend $50 to control my 16 year olds access time and yet I am unable to do so because Netgear is searching for a money grab!! If this situation cannot be resolved I will NEVER buy another Netgear product!  I work with computers! I am not an idiot! But his has been BEYOND frustrating! I have been trying to figure this out for three hours!! Can ANYONE help?!?!  Or do I need to just use a sledgehammer and buy a new router from a better company???

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Changing Open DNS login information

Thanks for responding.

Have you tried turning off (set it to disabled) the Live Parental Control feature itself to see if the issue will persist? Are you accessing the sites via an app or a browser (Chrome etc.)? You can also try setting up a bypass account if that's an option.

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Kodimerlyn,

Welcome to the community!

1. The version 2 (R6400v2) of your router is the one that supports Circle.

2. Are you logging in via the Genie app or https://netgear.opendns.com/sign_in.php?

3. Have you tried the forgot password option?

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Kodimerlyn,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 6
Kodimerlyn
Aspirant

Thank you for getting back to me. I managed to create an open DNS account and login. Changed my settings and now I cannot access any dating sites. I would not normally care except I am subscribed to one which I paid for, and my neighbour uses my wifi and she uses several and cannot access any of them. This is frustrating in the extreme! Not sure yet if this also affects my PC or only mobile devices. But I only access this site from a mobile device as does my neighbour. I have changed my parental control settings to filter nothing using the Netgear Genie app. This has not changed anything and I still cannot access any of them. Not even the one I have paid for.
Message 4 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Thanks for responding.

Have you tried turning off (set it to disabled) the Live Parental Control feature itself to see if the issue will persist? Are you accessing the sites via an app or a browser (Chrome etc.)? You can also try setting up a bypass account if that's an option.

Dexter

Community Team

Message 5 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Dexter
Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7