Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lost usage and history for circle premium on R6700v3

rockcrusher
Guide

Lost usage and history for circle premium on R6700v3

Lost all usage and history in my circle app. Explains why my kid is so tired, it is not logging his time on the computer so he has been able to far exceed the time he needs on his computer for stuff. 

I have so far uninstalled and installed my app, rebooted the router, and created new profiles to see if they will track usage. Nothing with those steps. Don't particularly want to do a hard reboot on the router but do want the functionality back. 

TIA for any tips anyone has. 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
rockcrusher
Guide

Re: Lost usage and history for circle premium on R6700v3

I guess to close this thread I finally figured out that my circle premium membership had become disassociated with my account. So though it wasn't showing that i needed to upgrade to Premium it was not showing the premium account features. 

So after resetting circle, uninstalling the app and installing it again multiple times, rebooting my router, resetting my router, resetting circle, and finally getting in touch with netgear circle premium support (who directed me to call Circle, which was impossible with their number either disconnecting or showing a busy signal) i cancelled my circle account in google, deleted the app, turned of circle on the router, restarted the router, and then added circle back to my phone, restarted circle on the router, then after getting the app loaded it gave me the option of adding premium back to the account. I did so and within an hour I finally started to see history and usage stats showing back up.

All tolled it was probably 5 hours of my time trying to find something that was probably an issue with the latest firmware update on my router or a backend problem with netgear and circle.

Hope this helps someone in the future. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
rockcrusher
Guide

I reset my circle and only managed to overwrite my settings with my fat fingers so I lost all my data and it still isn't seeing history and usage. 

First world problems but disappointing in its own way.

Message 2 of 7
rockcrusher
Guide

Ok well hard reset does seem to do anything either. This is starting to seem to me like a delibrate breaking of functionality to force one into buying a new device that has the new netgear parental controls on it. That is really disappointing because i really relied on the ability to track usage and history. 

I will give it a bit of time to see if it picks up the history but I am not expecting a miracle at this point. 

Thanks Netgear. 

Message 3 of 7
rockcrusher
Guide

I guess to close this thread I finally figured out that my circle premium membership had become disassociated with my account. So though it wasn't showing that i needed to upgrade to Premium it was not showing the premium account features. 

So after resetting circle, uninstalling the app and installing it again multiple times, rebooting my router, resetting my router, resetting circle, and finally getting in touch with netgear circle premium support (who directed me to call Circle, which was impossible with their number either disconnecting or showing a busy signal) i cancelled my circle account in google, deleted the app, turned of circle on the router, restarted the router, and then added circle back to my phone, restarted circle on the router, then after getting the app loaded it gave me the option of adding premium back to the account. I did so and within an hour I finally started to see history and usage stats showing back up.

All tolled it was probably 5 hours of my time trying to find something that was probably an issue with the latest firmware update on my router or a backend problem with netgear and circle.

Hope this helps someone in the future. 

Message 4 of 7
abushnaq
Tutor

OMG thank you! I'm in the same boat and have been getting useless information from Netgear support. I will try your last steps and hopefully end up better.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 5 of 7
rockcrusher
Guide

If it is any consolation it no longer works again.

My final solution will be to see if I can roll back the firmware update and see if that makes a difference as it is also now disconnecting various devices randomly from the internet requiring a reboot of the router each time to get them back. Not fun when you have 2 people working remotely but need to reset to get into a meeting and hope that the other person isn't currently in a meeting. 

After that it will be a new brand of router for me. 

Message 6 of 7
abushnaq
Tutor

Wow - glad I saw that before I did it. I actually just bought Bark for parental controls and as soon as I set it up will discontinue my circle subscription.

Good luck to you.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7