× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6150v2 setup

chandansikdar
Initiate

EX6150v2 setup

As my wifi router has changed, I have done a factory reset of the extender EX6150v2  in order to set it up again. I am able to connect to NETGEAR_EXT. However when I click on the New Extender Setup in mywifiext, nothing happens after shortly displaying the message "waiting for mywifiext". Please suggest how to address the issue. If you need any additional information please let me know.

Regards

Chandan

Model: EX6150v2|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6150v2 setup

I usually prefer to set these up with a hardwired connection to them if possible. it tends to go faster/smoother. 

Have you tried the setup using a different computer or browser? Sometimes thats the issue

there's also the potential of setting up via wps. Have you tried that option? 

Here's the support site with video guides, the install guides, the manual, and firmware. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6150v2.aspx

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I usually prefer to set these up with a hardwired connection to them if possible. it tends to go faster/smoother. 

Have you tried the setup using a different computer or browser? Sometimes thats the issue

there's also the potential of setting up via wps. Have you tried that option? 

Here's the support site with video guides, the install guides, the manual, and firmware. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6150v2.aspx

Message 2 of 4
chandansikdar
Initiate

Thanks plemans for your advice. I could get it by changing the browser from Chrome to Explorer. Now I have set it up right.

Regards

Chandan

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you got it working! let us know if you have more issues and we'll be happy to help

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7