× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Invalid Serial Number

Unnecessary
Aspirant

Invalid Serial Number

I am trying to troubleshoot my router so came on to register my hardware and speak to support. I am told that my serial number is invalid, and the redirect page for invalid serial numbers asks for the serial number, which then says is invalid. Can someone from this company please contact me to sort out this invalid number so I can get some help with the hardware please? This is a pretty frustrating cycle of invalid serial messages!

Model: R6220|AC1200 Smart WiFi Router with External Antennas
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Invalid Serial Number

@Unnecessary Kindly PM me the following details below.

Model number: 

Serial Number:

Name:

Email address:

Date of purchase:

Store of purchase:

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
William10a
Master

I'am not with Netgear but the community could help what router do you have and what is it doing?

The serial number is located just under the bar code on the label on the bottom.

Message 2 of 7

What are you trying to sort out?

This is not the channel for official support but you can often use it to get help to fix things. Then you can forget about registering the thing.

If you want official support, use the right channels, but be warned that free support last for just 90 days; after that it gets expensive.

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Unnecessary wrote:

Can someone from this company please contact me to sort out this invalid number so I can get some help with the hardware please? This is a pretty frustrating cycle of invalid serial messages!

Try PMing one of the netgear mods (for instance @ElaineM ). Use the "messages" link in the upper right (PM-> "private message").

Free support is limited to a fairly short time after purchase (as noted above).  Still, it should be possible to register the router.

Message 4 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Unnecessary Kindly PM me the following details below.

Model number: 

Serial Number:

Name:

Email address:

Date of purchase:

Store of purchase:

Message 5 of 7
Unnecessary
Aspirant

problem solved. I called in last night and a customer service rep sorted everything out. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I would appreciate if you could close my thread because I am not sure how

Message 6 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're very welcome.

Thank you as well for giving us an update!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7