× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issue with mynetgear dns - Unable to complete the job, reason: Unable to locate hostname in your acc

Albertsithlord
Aspirant

Issue with mynetgear dns - Unable to complete the job, reason: Unable to locate hostname in your acc

Folks

I have used mynetgear for about 2 years with no major issues. However, in the past 2 weeks, I had issues when my ISP changed my IP. My N900 is not updating anymore the mynetgear host.

Trying to test, I got the following message - Unable to complete the job, reason: Unable to locate hostname in your account

I am starting to think this is any kind of proposital issue to force me acquire the paid plan from no-ip.

It impact my home surveilance cameras, and it is quite frustating.

Do someone is facing or faced a similar issue ? Please advise. Thanks everyone

Model: WNDR4500v2|N900 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Albertsithlord
Aspirant

Re: Issue with mynetgear dns - Unable to complete the job, reason: Unable to locate hostname in your

Thanks folks. I changed from NETGEAR DDNS to No-IP account. Unique anoying is the free one expires every 30 days, need to keep renewing. But is working.

Now is working. Thanks.,

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
William10a
Master

Re: Issue with mynetgear dns - Unable to complete the job, reason: Unable to locate hostname in your

By pass the router and download the firmware from netgear and save it log in to your router, update firmware and reset to clear router and rest up router this my help at lease place the latest firmware on it.  Is this service cable or dsl or what? Whatmodemdo you use?

Message 2 of 3
Albertsithlord
Aspirant

Thanks folks. I changed from NETGEAR DDNS to No-IP account. Unique anoying is the free one expires every 30 days, need to keep renewing. But is working.

Now is working. Thanks.,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7