× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie Air print won,t connect to printer

StanleyGF
Aspirant

Netgear Genie Air print won,t connect to printer

Have been using Ntgear Genie on my Dell inspiron laptop for over one year to print from my ios devices.. Have had to reinstall Win 10  two weeks ago. Since then, Genie airprint lets my ios device select the installed printer, but connection to printer does not complete.

Itunes and acrobat reader are installed. My printer is connected to the wifi network and defined on my laptop. Any suggestions to resolve this problen will be welcome

Message 1 of 4

Re: Netgear Genie Air print won,t connect to printer

@StanleyGF wrote:

Have been using Ntgear Genie on my Dell inspiron laptop for over one year to print from my ios devices.

I assume that you have some sort of Netgear device as a router? Or something else?

What is the role of the laptiop (Windows?) in this? How is this involved in printing from iOS devices?

You refer to the genie. This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

Then there is the unnamed printer. You are printing over wifi?

My printer is connected to the wifi network and defined on my laptop.

Defined?

The usual way to fix wifi printers is to find the printer maker's utility, the software that runs on your operating system. Then use that to connect the printer to the wifi.

The router just broadcasts wifi. It is then down to the printer to play ball. There isn't much that you can do on a router, beyond fixing it to a particular IP address, that affects what the printer gets up to.

Where possible, using the WPS feature can simplify things.

Message 2 of 4
StanleyGF
Aspirant

Te Netgear Genie application is downloaded to my windows laptop. This application supplied by Netgear aloows to print to a non airprint printer via any ios device.  It used to function prior to the reinstallation of win 10. Now the app allows me to try to print to my printer, the printer is listed in the application main screen and is visible in the ios print menu, but the connection screen shows a message saying the coonection to the printer can't be established.

Message 3 of 4

@StanleyGF wrote:

Te Netgear Genie application is downloaded to my windows laptop. This application supplied by Netgear aloows to print to a non airprint printer via any ios device.  It used to function prior to the reinstallation of win 10. Now the app allows me to try to print to my printer, the printer is listed in the application main screen and is visible in the ios print menu, but the connection screen shows a message saying the coonection to the printer can't be established.

Have you tried reinstalling the app?

I don't use iOS so can't test it.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7