× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear wireless adapter AC600

juleshyp
Aspirant

Netgear wireless adapter AC600

Purchase this adapter today.

I have downloaded all the recommended software for Windows 10. I've tried the 32 version and the beta version (33).

It seems impossible to contact support and I'm getting very frustrated, because I am unable to install any software, and therefore unable to use the equipment.

It installs to certain point and then I get the following error response , "1628 failed to complete".

Where do I go from here? Online support seems to be a waste of time as there is no response after waiting over one hour.

Any assistance will be appreciated. Thank you

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
juleshyp
Aspirant

Re: Netgear wireless adapter AC600

Thank you for your reply.

In desperation, I inserted the dongle into the USB and Windows 10 installed it, without any further assistance from me.

In the end, I did not require the software at all.

It seems to be functioning well

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

AC600 is not a Netrgear modem number, but a wifi speed thing.

Is this the A6100 Wireless AC Adapter?

That's just a guess on my part, you have posted in the Wireless N Routers area of this forum, adapters are here:

WiFi Adapters - NETGEAR Communities

There is a manual and other support stuff for the A6100 at the end of this link:

>>>> A6100 | Product | Support <<<<

I have an A6100. It is important to follow the instructions as to when you have the thing plugged in.

Looks like Windows is messing you about.

Message 2 of 3
juleshyp
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply.

In desperation, I inserted the dongle into the USB and Windows 10 installed it, without any further assistance from me.

In the end, I did not require the software at all.

It seems to be functioning well

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7