× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Randomly getting Internet disconnected

Xando
Tutor

Randomly getting Internet disconnected

Hi there!

I've adquired recently the R6080 Netgear router, is got its lastest firmware 1.0.0.42. Thing is that it will constatly drop connection for no reason. I use mainly my computer which is wired to it, yet randomly the orange light will pop and the connection will drop for a few seconds.

Logs go like: 

internet disconnected

internet recconected IP at date

It happens very randomly, can be every few minutes or every hours, it's annoying specially while gaming or hosting a service. and yes I tried connecting directly to my modem and this issue won't happen at all so it's not my ISP. Also tried downgrading firmware and still no luck.

Could be that my router is faulty? Or is there some configuration I could pull of to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Model: R6080|AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Randomly getting Internet disconnected

@Xando wrote:

I've checked on the documentation and on my modem's configuration and it's already got Bridge mode set and no NAT https://i.imgur.com/UGu66xb.png

I should mention that I've formerly used at least two other routers before with this modem and haven't had this particular issue.

I've seen several different brands of combo devices that didn't properly implement their bridge modde. 

What I'd try for troubleshooting?

put the zyzel back in router mode but disable its wireless. Then run the netgear in AP mode. See if the problem still happens. If it does, it wasn't related to that. But if it doesn't, its an issue with how zyzel implements their bridge mode. 

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What modem are you using? 

have you factory reset and re-installed? 

or tried re-loading the firmware? if the firmware was corrupt, a reset doesn't overwrite it. it just removes settings. so try re-loading the firmware. 

Message 2 of 8
Xando
Tutor

Modem is a "Zyxel P660ru-t1 v3"

I  think I have done factory reset? Is it by keeping pressed the reset button and configuring the router all over right? If so, I did that once.

How do I re-load the firmware? I just attempt to upload it despite being the current version, right? Will give a try.

Message 3 of 8
Xando
Tutor

Reuploaded the firmware but the problem is still present, attached the log so you can see what I mean.

Message 4 of 8
plemans
Guru

your Zyxel P660ru-t1 also has an integrated router. 

https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT

that can cause issues

Message 5 of 8
Xando
Tutor

I've checked on the documentation and on my modem's configuration and it's already got Bridge mode set and no NAT https://i.imgur.com/UGu66xb.png

I should mention that I've formerly used at least two other routers before with this modem and haven't had this particular issue.

Message 6 of 8
plemans
Guru

@Xando wrote:

I've seen several different brands of combo devices that didn't properly implement their bridge modde. 

What I'd try for troubleshooting?

put the zyzel back in router mode but disable its wireless. Then run the netgear in AP mode. See if the problem still happens. If it does, it wasn't related to that. But if it doesn't, its an issue with how zyzel implements their bridge mode. 

Message 7 of 8
Xando
Tutor

I checked more troughly the modem options and found another Bridge mode option, switched to that, but then it was after a few hours the problem was entirely gone, it's been almost a day since it got stable, nos a single disconnection. Made that did the trick, there's also a chance maybe it was my bandwitch all along due the quarantine situation, I installed the router the very same day it began. Who knows, anyways, it seems is all good now, thanks a lot for your assistance!
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7