× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3300 and Gigabit switch GS308 will it get the network speed which i'm getting from the Modem

MrShelby
Follower

WNDR3300 and Gigabit switch GS308 will it get the network speed which i'm getting from the Modem

I'm going to Buy the gs308 gigabit switch and i have a doubt that,the switch will give the Router(WNDR3300) the original speed. 

I'm have a 200mbps broadband connection and in that modem there's only 1 ethernet port i would like to extend that connectionfor that i need the switch, i have netgear 3300 with me and i would like to buy the switch (GS308) and "My question is will the gs308 give the 200mbps speed to the router?"

Model: GS308|8 ports gigabits unmanaged switch, WNDR3300v1|RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: WNDR3300 and Gigabit switch GS308 will it get the network speed which i'm getting from the Modem

@MrShelby wrote:

I'm going to Buy the gs308 gigabit switch and i have a doubt that,the switch will give the Router(WNDR3300)

The WNDR3300 is an ancient (2007) router. According to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN support on the WNDR3300 is only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware.

Your router will never give you the 200 Mbps you are paying for.

@MrShelby wrote:

I'm have a 200mbps broadband connection and in that modem there's only 1 ethernet port i would like to extend that connectionfor that i need the switch,

What is that modem? Do you know that it supports Gb LAN? If it is as old as the router, it may also be stuck at 100 Mbps.

Any switch you buy has to come after the router if the idea is to connect other devices to the Internet. Even a Gb switch will go no  faster than your router can deliver. Only a new router can do that.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7