× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR4000 LOGIN ISSUE

RBusiness
Aspirant

WNDR4000 LOGIN ISSUE

I have had our WNDR4000 in operation inhouse on a small LAN with about 15 devices connected, has been trouble free for q couple years until I added an Access Point yesterday and now can not log in to the Router.  The problem is something I changed in the configuration when I was joy ridding through the config.

I can see the Router in the Devices and Printers and the IP address is correct, I can Ping it no problem but I remember turning

off an option relating to pinging.

The following is the message I get when trying to access the Router:

This Page Cannot be Displayed

• Make sure the web address http://192.168.1.1 is correct.
  • Look for the page with your search engine.
  • Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Any suggestions how I can get into the router would be appreciated.  I do not want to do a hard reset because of the programming, We have about 15 devices on our LAN and can't be without the network so have not gotten to the point where I do a "Hard Reset"  Thanks in advance for suggestions.

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNDR4000 LOGIN ISSUE

Hi  @RBusiness 

Sounds like you really have to reset and reconfigure.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Can you double check the IP Address of the AP? Or, try disconnecting  the AP from your network, to see if things change. If it does correct itself, reflash the AP and reconfigure.. Maybe a duplicate IP Address?

Message 2 of 9
RBusiness
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, now when I try to connect to an existing Linksys AP WAP54G that I could login to last night (192.168.1.245) it does come up with a request for User and PW and it does not like my password.  I had no propblem with logging into it last night.  I would not mind resetting the AP but will wait till I have exhausted all other options.  I did unplug power and E-net cables and when it came back up tignal was good but still could not log in to it, at least it asks for user/pw where the Netgear does not even get to that point.

Message 3 of 9
RBusiness
Aspirant

by the way this AP has been on the LAN for a long time without a problem.

Plan on doing a power off reset on the Netgear in the morning.

Message 4 of 9
RBusiness
Aspirant

Update this dummy had changed the AP password to my system wide default last night and after remembering that I was able to get right in to the Linksys

Message 5 of 9
RBusiness
Aspirant

I just tried to connect to the router 192.168.1.1 and after getting the same not able to connect message, I did the Windows Network Troubleshooting and the problem it found says

"Problem Found

The remote device or resource won't accept the connection"

Message 6 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi  @RBusiness 

Sounds like you really have to reset and reconfigure.

Regards,

Message 7 of 9
RBusiness
Aspirant

Thank You for replying to my question.  I had been remotely connected to a couple accounts and was afraid that if I disconnected from to reset the router I would not be able to get the router to come back up immidiately so wated till I finished and then disconnected and restarted the Router and was then able to communicate with no problem.

So this issue is RESOLVED

Message 8 of 9
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@RBusiness Thank you for the update! Glad to hear that it's all up and running. Feel free to reach out anytime.

Regards,

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7