× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

the last straw

FormerCustomer1
Follower

the last straw

since i miraculously can’t seem to get in touch with support i’ll post it here. every employee of netgear is a lowlife **bleep**, your “firmware” updates have bricked 2 separate Ac 1200 routers of mine, no flashing light, no ability to factory reset, and certainly no internet connection. i’d have better luck sticking a 2008 toyota tacoma radio antenna into 3 month old pickle than buying another one of your cheap, unreliable products
Message 1 of 3

Re: the last straw

@FormerCustomer1 wrote:
your “firmware” updates have bricked 2 separate Ac 1200 routers of mine, no flashing light, no ability to factory reset, and certainly no internet connection.

There is no such thing as an AC1200. That's a wifi speed indicator. Netgear has produced  a dozen or more models with AC1200 wifi. Which one do you own? Look at the label on the thing for "Model" number.

model number

What does "bricked" mean to you? What are the symptoms?

I ask because people often turn up here and use that word to describe different symptoms.

"No flashing light" isn't much help as most routers have lots of lights that can flash at different times. If no lights are flashing, then it probably isn't "bricked" as most people understand it.

What prevents you from doing a factory reset?

Message 2 of 3
wcalifas
Prodigy

Re: the last straw

use the tftp method to unbrick them, you have to download the firmware for your router from the netgear.com page under support. There's videos on youtube on how to unbrick a router with tftp.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7