× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wndr4300 firmware update not working

ebgreene_89
Aspirant

wndr4300 firmware update not working

I received an email from NETGEAR regarding an update to my WNDR4300 firmware. As it was uploading I got this message, and could go no further:

"Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.routerlogin.net. You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email correspondent and give them the following information: Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number. Error code: SEC_ERROR_REUSED_ISSUER_AND_SERIAL."

Anybody know what to do? I have never had this issue before in uploading firmware updates to this router.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: wndr4300 firmware update not working

Hi ebgreene_89,

You can try using another browser or device and see if the issue will persist. Also, make sure that the time setting on the device your using to upload the firmware is correct (same with the router).

Dexter

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ebgreene_89,

You can try using another browser or device and see if the issue will persist. Also, make sure that the time setting on the device your using to upload the firmware is correct (same with the router).

Dexter

Message 2 of 3
ebgreene_89
Aspirant

Thank! It appears to have uploaded.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation