× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

won't connect to some devices

katmo
Follower

won't connect to some devices

• Netgear says my router is good and does not need to be replaced.
  • My laptop, our two phones will connect to the internet. However, husband's laptop and our smart tv will not connect. This has never been a problem.
  • Five days ago, to get into smart tv, we had to reenter our password each time we log on, instead of it automatically doing it as in the past. Tonight, password has been entered multiple times, and we cannot get the tv to connect.
  • Have rebooted, in proper order, etc., multiple multiple times. Nothing works.
  • Anyone have any ideas?
Model: WNDR3400v3|N600 Wireless Dual Band Router
Message 1 of 6

Re: won't connect to some devices

@katmo wrote:
  • My laptop, our two phones will connect to the internet. However, husband's laptop and our smart tv will not connect. This has never been a problem.

Sounds like a problem with the laptop and TV.

These are wifi connections?

If everything else connects, then I'd investigate the laptop and TV.

Tell the laptop to forget the old wifi connection and set it up from scratch.

TVs are a pain to set up. The best way to deal with that is with the TV's set up routing. The router just puffs out wifi. It is down to the TV to do its stuff. You don't say what the TV is, so you are in your own there. I user Powerline Ethernet to "wire" my TV stuff to the router.

Message 2 of 6
wcalifas
Prodigy

You can always do a hard reset to your router and see if that fixes things. Of course, when you do a hard reset you'll have to run the setup wizard for your router again.

Message 3 of 6
Brab27
Aspirant

Netgear55 internet. Does not accept password

Message 4 of 6

Re: Netgear55 internet. Does not accept password

You have my sympathy @Brab27 but hitching a ride on an existing discussion about a different subject and not telling anyone about your hardware or your problem isn't going to get you very far. It may also upset anyone already in here seeking help.

Message 5 of 6

@ut3000 wrote:
Same issues for me ! I am really fed up with this router CAX30 . Most third class software app and router . No reliability . I try all these hard reset restart , mobile network reset some times works , some times not work . I lost trust on netgear . No consistency and omg , I just spend I think more 20-30 hrs in this year after I got this router . With our busy schedule it’s night mare.

You have joined in on an old conversation that is in a section that has nothing to do with your cable modem/router.

If you want help, rather than just to make your opinions known, then start a new conversation in the right section.

Cable Modems & Gateways - NETGEAR Communities

If you do want help, then you should provide as much information as possible.about your network and what goes wrong.

A problem with cable devices is that they rely on your ISP to get things right. Not all of them manage it. So you may be asked for details about the connection to the Internet.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7