Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Android Genie App

techfugitive
Tutor

Android Genie App

So I have checked the Genie app on Android and IOS.   Here is the scenario:

• I am away from my network and am Remotely Connected over the WAN. 
  • Access control is on
  • I click Network Map
  1. On IOS, I see the globe, aonnected to the Router, connected to all of the locally connected devices.  Yay
  2. On Android I see my mobile device, connected to the Globe, connected to the Router.  Boo

Thus omn Android, I have no control over over local devices when outside the network, making this app pretty useless.

Is this a bug, a limitation, a config issue??

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Android Genie App

The complete Genie App and Program design is a Netgear Nightmare.

Windows (and macOS when I have it right) Genie - with a Remote Connection to a Nighthawk - does always show the local (W)LAN devices and in no way the Network Map aka. Attached Devices on the Nightawk router "out there". And yes, my Genie on Android (v3.1.52) connected remotely to a R9000 (v1.0.3.16) does only show the R9000, the "cloud", and the mobile running the Genie App.

Screenshot_20180421-163549.png

Now they hope to make things better closing the Genie forum here in the community, and having everyhting in the Nighthawk App forum. Ridiculous again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7

All Replies
techfugitive
Tutor

bump

Message 2 of 7
schumaku
Guru

The complete Genie App and Program design is a Netgear Nightmare.

Windows (and macOS when I have it right) Genie - with a Remote Connection to a Nighthawk - does always show the local (W)LAN devices and in no way the Network Map aka. Attached Devices on the Nightawk router "out there". And yes, my Genie on Android (v3.1.52) connected remotely to a R9000 (v1.0.3.16) does only show the R9000, the "cloud", and the mobile running the Genie App.

Screenshot_20180421-163549.png

Now they hope to make things better closing the Genie forum here in the community, and having everyhting in the Nighthawk App forum. Ridiculous again.

Message 3 of 7
techfugitive
Tutor

Thanks, it's always relieving to know it's not my particular device with the problem.
Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

Thank you for the kudos @techfugitive ... however marking this as a solution is a little bit over-jealous 8-)

Message 5 of 7
techfugitive
Tutor

LOL the app is being mothballed. you have me the fix, I have to get an iPhone and use the iOS app😫
Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@techfugitive wrote:
LOL the app is being mothballed. you have me the fix, I have to get an iPhone and use the iOS app😫

Would love to mark this answer as a solution here! It does indeed work here on iOS.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7