Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

network genie password reset

Adamlfrd
Aspirant

network genie password reset

I'm having issues accessing my netgear genie account. I can get into the remote portion of it but not the local. I have tried answering the security questions for a password reset and I know I have one of them correct but I'm not sure about the other one. I'm trying to get access so I can change the password for my router and also the remote portion. I have people not paying rent. 

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: network genie password reset

@Adamlfrd wrote:

I'm having issues accessing my netgear genie account.

What's that?

There are several "genies" and several "accounts". So there is no simple answer.

Take us through what you are doing and where it fails.

@Adamlfrd wrote:

I'm trying to get access so I can change the password for my router and also the remote portion.

Do you mean the wifi password?

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Begin with the Quick Start/Installation Guide.

Check the section in the manual Specify Basic WiFi Settings.

If you mean that you cannot get into the browser graphical user interface (GUI) for your modem router, then maybe someone changed the password for that. (The default password is on the label ion the thing.) If you have forgotten the new password, then the only solution is to reset the device to get everything back to the factory settings on that label.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers about your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

Message 2 of 4
Adamlfrd
Aspirant

The picture shows what I’m talking about. There is a remote and a local login. I can access the remote portion but with the local, which I am assuming is the access to my router, I don’t know the password anymore.
Message 3 of 4

@Adamlfrd wrote:
I can access the remote portion but with the local, which I am assuming is the access to my router, I don’t know the password anymore.

Anywhere Access, previously called Remote Management, refers to the username and password you set up to get into various things, and not just the controls of the modem/router. The router has its own password, just as it does for the wifi.

It effectively uses the cloud to use Netgear's servers to sneak up on your device from the outside world.

This is just the first step into getting into the devuce's own controls.

If you don't know the password for the router, then you will have to do a factory reset.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

When you have done that, either set up password recovery – check the manual – and/or make a careful note of the password you have set up.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7