Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318 ProSafe VPN Firewall

oldyoungguy
Aspirant

FVS318 ProSafe VPN Firewall

I have a FVS318 ProSafe VPN Firewall router. Its serial# is FVS8238AD119414. I cannot find its Model information. My first questions here are

1. is there any firmware/software update for it?  

2. What is its model#?

I am trying to setup a VPN with it. All information I found online has a different admin GUI. So I am thinking mine system's software may be out of date. Here is what I have now:

J1aZc.jpg

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: FVS318 ProSafe VPN Firewall

Hello oldyoungguy,

Welcome to the community! 

I tried looking up the serial number and it appears to be an older version (probably first release), I did not find any device information as well since the serial number prefix is different. Looking at the Web-GUI it appears that this is an FVS318v1. There are no new firmware versions for this model since this is already an EOL (End of Life) model. We still have all the manuals, firmware and guides uploaded on our site, please click here

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello oldyoungguy,

Welcome to the community! 

I tried looking up the serial number and it appears to be an older version (probably first release), I did not find any device information as well since the serial number prefix is different. Looking at the Web-GUI it appears that this is an FVS318v1. There are no new firmware versions for this model since this is already an EOL (End of Life) model. We still have all the manuals, firmware and guides uploaded on our site, please click here

I hope this helps. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 4
oldyoungguy
Aspirant

Thank you, John.

Message 3 of 4
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi oldyoungguy, 

You are welcome! I have responded on your other post by the way. If you don't have questions on this post, please mark this as "Accept as Solution". We'll continue on your other post. 

Thanks, 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements