Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FVS318G: DHCP address reservation

karolkovalik
Novice

FVS318G: DHCP address reservation

First of all, I have a FVS318G device with the latest available firmware.

As the description says, the DHCP address reservation is not working and my devices are getting different IP addresses assigned.

I have tried to use the IP MAC Binding, I have tried to give the device a Name and a Group and set Fixed set on a PC settings, I also tried Reserved by DHCP Setting. I have tried a combination of DHCP reservation and IP MAC binding. All of them with no luck.

_How can I fix it?

Thanks. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 7
adit
Mentor

Re: FVS318G: DHCP address reservation

Which firmware? List it.
Message 2 of 7
karolkovalik
Novice

Firmware Version: 3.1.1-14

Thanks.
Message 3 of 7
adit
Mentor

Are you making the reservation IP inside or outside of the DHCP range?
Message 4 of 7
karolkovalik
Novice

Basically I did not try to force a specific IP. Once the PC got an IP assigned from DHCP, I tried to make sure it keeps getting the same one. So I simply made the reservation exactly the same as what it has got already.
Message 5 of 7
saytar
Aspirant

Don't quote me here......but from my understanding if you want to set a static IP for a device, you need to assign an address outside the DHCP range you assigned........if you assigned a range from 2-254 then you have none to assign to static IPs.........

I would suggest modifying your range to something like 75-150.......that leaves you 1-74 and 151-254 for static devices.

This appears to more or less default behavior for DHCP for most devices.
Message 6 of 7
karolkovalik
Novice

Thanks,

but what i really want is to get the DHCP server to keep assigning the same IP to the same MAC address. However this is not happening all the times. There are devices in my network which keep getting the same address but some of them just don't.

I understood your theory and that would apply when I do not want the DHCP server to assign an IP to my device.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements