Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Prosafe VPN Client Pro - VPNG05L & FVS318Gv2 not working after latest Windows 10 Update (1909)

Majic1
Follower

Prosafe VPN Client Pro - VPNG05L & FVS318Gv2 not working after latest Windows 10 Update (1909)

Our VPN router is a Netgear FVS318Gv2 with the latest firmware v4.3.5-3. Originally we were running Prosafe VPN Client v5.15 on Windows 10 clients (Windows build 1803).

Everything has been running flawlessly with this router/VPN setup since we installed it 5 years ago. However, 2 days ago we updated all the workstations to Windows 10 build 1909.  Now the VPN connection is having issues. Initially, I could connect to my client's office from my home after the update.  Then I noticed after a few minutes the VPN tunnel would close. The other problem was I could open a tunnel but I couldn't ping anything on the other end of the tunnel.  After closing and reopening the tunnel, it would work again.  My client, who is in Hawaii on vacation, is having a similar issue with his laptop.  He can open a tunnel, but can't see anything on the other side. Closing and reopening the tunnel is not working at all for him.  This contunied for a day, then I decided to upgrade the VPN client, since I noticed there are 4 updates since v5.15.  I installed the latest version v6.40.004 on my PC. Now it appears that when I open a VPN connection through an ethernet connection, everything is working and the tunnel isn't closing anymore.  However, when I open a VPN connection when I am on wifi, the tunnel closes after 5 minutes.

I have not upgraded the VPN client on my clients laptop yet.  I would like see if anyone has an answer before I contact him.

Thanks for any help,

MJ

Model: FVG318v2|ProSafe 802.11g Wireless VPN Firewall 8-ports
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Prosafe VPN Client Pro - VPNG05L & FVS318Gv2 not working after latest Windows 10 Update (1909)

@Majic1,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

However, when I open a VPN connection when I am on wifi, the tunnel closes after 5 minutes.

Were you able to try to delete then recreate the VPN/IKE policies using the VPN Wizard?  If not yet, kindly try it and observe if the same problem occurs. 

I have not upgraded the VPN client on my clients laptop yet.  I would like see if anyone has an answer before I contact him.

It would be best that you advise your client to update the NETGEAR VPN client software on his laptop and ask him to observe the VPN connection. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements