Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Srxn3205 eol?

silvex
Aspirant

Srxn3205 eol?

I have the SRXN3205 and so far so good (knock on wood). With FIOS now installed in my home 35/75 and HD content going on. This unit kind of struggles with HD videos from YouTube -- it is only a 60mbps WAN to LAN.

I just saw on newegg that the unit is discontinued, but I checked on netgear's web site and it does not say discontinued.

Will the be an updated model of this awesome unit to handle HD and FIOS bandwidth ?

Like I said this unit has performed (and still does) flawlessly.

-Ed
Message 1 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Srxn3205 eol?

Netgear.com/EOL is the page to look if any models are EOL
Message 2 of 11
adit
Mentor

It looks like it is going EOL. It's not listed on the EOL page but my distributor does not have it in stock at any location and does not have any on order.
Message 3 of 11
silvex
Aspirant

If it goes EOL, is Netgear going to put a newer model or not ? If not I am going with the SRX5308 (1Gbps of LAN-to-WAN throughput! ) along the WNDAP660 for WIFI N access. I just want to wait and see what Netgear is going to do.
Message 4 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Or look at prosecure UTM series too
Message 5 of 11
adit
Mentor

They did just come out with the UTM25s with built-in wireless. It is a subscription based product since it is a UTM.
Message 6 of 11
silvex
Aspirant

I don't need UTM for SPAM filtering, my email server uses ClamAV+SPAMassain to take care of that.
Message 7 of 11
silvex
Aspirant

Do I need to purchase the UTM license for the UTM25s to work ? Or the license just activates the SPAM, http and email filtering leaving the Firewall/WIFI active.
Message 8 of 11
adit
Mentor

No, but you need one to update the firmware.
Message 9 of 11
silvex
Aspirant

Ok, so just works like a "regular" netgear fw when the license it is not purchased. I think I am going with the utm150 then with an access point! 🙂
Message 10 of 11
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

If you do not have subscription you will NOT get any firmware updates

You download firmware within the GUI ONLY so no subscription or you expired it then you will NOT able to get it
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements