Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: VLAN Tagging on WAN port

Mujik
Aspirant

VLAN Tagging on WAN port

I realised that the FVS336Gv3 is no longer in support but I have three of these onsite (VPNs between branch offices). Current changes in the AU environment require VLAN tagging on the WAN port. I can find no way to do this with the FVS336Gv3.

While not common, it is hardly an old paradigm as there are other countries (Singapore being one) who have had such a requirement for some time.

If I have to junk AUD1200 worth of kit (and 2 were bought in 2016 - barely 2 years ago) the client wont be happy and I will need to perhaps find a different vendor.

I have plenty of CLI skills and no problem if the only solution is to use telnet/ssh but so far I can find no documentation on how to configure the VLAN.

anyone out there with a similar issue/hardware who have found a solution?

thanks

Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Mujik,

Unfortunately, FVS336Gv3 doesn't support VLAN tagging on WAN port. May I know what is your goal here?

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
Mujik
Aspirant

The issue is the new paradigm of the Australian National Broadband Network (NBN) regarding FTTC and FTTP where they assign a single static public IP but require the port to be on VLAN100 to successfully activate the service. I believe a similiar situation exists in Singapore

@JohnC_V wrote:

Hi Mujik,

Unfortunately, FVS336Gv3 doesn't support VLAN tagging on WAN port. May I know what is your goal here?

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Mujik,

I see. I believe the new Insight Instant VPN router supports the tagging on the WAN port. 

Here is the reference for BR500.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements