Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which VPN Firewall?

sarahprecipice
Initiate

Which VPN Firewall?

Hi there,

We are having network problems apparently caused by our VPN Firewall. The model is FVS318v3 and it is old. We have been advised that our network is connected at the right speed (through managed switch and with Aerohive access point) however the speeds we are getting fluctuate dramatically.

We need to replace our equipment however I am unsure which model to buy that is suitable. We have 25mbps connection but are currently achieveing speeds of 0.5mbps to 6mbps.

It would really appreciate some advice if anyone can recommend the right model! We are a small business without dedicated IT support. Also, do I need 1 gigabit connection?

Thank you

Sarah

Model: FVS318v3|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Which VPN Firewall?

Hello sarahprecipice, 

Welcome to the community! 

The FVS318v3 can only accommodate up to a maximum of 7Mbps internet speed. My recommendations are the following: 

FVS318Gv2                          - LAN-to-WAN throughput    - 250Mbps

FVS318N (Wireless)           - LAN-to-WAN throughput    - 250Mbps

FVS336Gv3 (Dual WAN)   - LAN-to-WAN throughput    - 350Mbps

SRX5308 (Quad WAN)      - LAN-to-WAN throughput    - 924Mbps

These firewalls can accomodate your internet speed (25Mbps) or higher as indicated above. All of these models have gigabit ports already, the gigabit ports are for the LAN (not WAN) and used for the local network communication.

Let us know if you have questions.

Thanks,  

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello sarahprecipice, 

Welcome to the community! 

The FVS318v3 can only accommodate up to a maximum of 7Mbps internet speed. My recommendations are the following: 

FVS318Gv2                          - LAN-to-WAN throughput    - 250Mbps

FVS318N (Wireless)           - LAN-to-WAN throughput    - 250Mbps

FVS336Gv3 (Dual WAN)   - LAN-to-WAN throughput    - 350Mbps

SRX5308 (Quad WAN)      - LAN-to-WAN throughput    - 924Mbps

These firewalls can accomodate your internet speed (25Mbps) or higher as indicated above. All of these models have gigabit ports already, the gigabit ports are for the LAN (not WAN) and used for the local network communication.

Let us know if you have questions.

Thanks,  

Message 2 of 3
sarahprecipice
Initiate

Great, thanks JohnRo - I bought a FVS318Gv2 and it is being installed today - fingers crossed!

Cheers,

Sarah

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements