× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Announcements

Polls
What is your Experience with NETGEAR Insight cloud management?
Top Contributors

TLS 1.3 Support

Given that your entire product line of ProSafe Smart switches only supports up to TLS 1.0, I'd like to suggest that you start working on making TLS 1.3 available.

Especially, since TLS 1.2 has been around since 2008 and you should really be embarassed that your business line of switches only support insecure communication methods.

15 Comments
snomis
Novice

Also agree.  Chrome is now presenting warnings that the server is using an outdated security configuration, and the only options are SSL 3 or TLS 1.0.  Can a firmware update come out for all prosafe switches, even the GS108T, GS716T, and GS724T so that TLS 1.3 can be enabled.

This is becoming inportant now.

RickW80
Initiate

This is required ASAP please.  I have (4) S3300 switches purchased less than a year ago that all have only SSL3 / TLS 1.0 support.  They need at least TLS 1.2 support added in right away.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi all,

any chance we will get this issue resolved? I have 2 Netgear Pro switches (GS724t, GS108t) and for both I am not able to connect securely any more without a browser warning.

Thanks!

Bye

HandyHat
Observer

It's becoming quite disappointing that Netgear still haven't done this. However, considering that until January you needed Java for the device view (at least on the GS724Tv4), I don't have much hope...

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I cannot believe that Netgear is not able to solve this issue. What they are "accepting" here is a big security issue. I am really considering to switch to a different brand for my switches if I cannot rely on product maintenance for a "pro" switch...

User00
Star

Most recent firmware.. 8/2021:

https://kb.netgear.com/000063825/GS716Tv3-GS724Tv4-GS748Tv5-Firmware-Version-6-3-1-39?language=en_US

Security Fixes: 

• Various security vulnerability fixes and enhancements. 

Note:  None of the security vulnerability fixes include the addition of TLS 1.2 or 1.3,  *sigh

jibjubja
Aspirant

Need help for adding TLS 1.2&1.3 for XS712T as well.

LionDEV
Novice

I've been concerned about this, since Chrome started showing warnings for older TLS Versions. Given that Netgear clearly doesn't care about keeping their products secure, I'll get rid of all my Netgear hardware and look for products from more reliable brands.
For me, Netgear will no longer be a recommendation for good value products.

User_Zero
Aspirant

Did netgear ever get this working?

I'm trying to get my prosafe switch running on HTTPS, but the only options I see in the GUI are SSL3 and TLS1

HandyHat
Observer

Nope - they simply don't care