× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

LACP Configuration betwee M7100 and XS748T

FLANG
Follower

LACP Configuration betwee M7100 and XS748T

Hello, 

I am trying to configure a LAG using LACP between a XS748T switch and a M7100. The M7100 has been working fine with LAG/LACP configurations between other M7100 equipment. However, now I am trying to aggregate 4 ports from the X748T switch to the  M7100 using LACP, but when I select LACP on the XS748T switch, the XS748T causes a broadcast storrm and all other switches on the network are flooded until I disconnect the ports configured as LACP on the XS748T. 

Note: if I configure the port on the XS748T as STATIC, it seems to work, but it looks like this disables the LACP protocol. 

The XS748T seems to have some additional settings for "LACP Port Configuration", such as "LACP priority(128) and TimeOut(Long/Short)" parameters; however, I'm not sure if these are relavent and which should be the settings to match the LACP ports on the M7100. 

I would appreciate any information and or insights on how to correctly configure this. 

Thanks!!

Model: XS748T|48-Port 10-Gigabit Copper Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP+ Ports
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: LACP Configuration betwee M7100 and XS748T

Assuming you have the right ports plugged according to the LACP member config on both ends, STP Mode and the LAG mode set to enabled, I would not expect many issues.

In few special occasions, i'm aware of a rare unexpected switch crash on certain LAG configs.

Unlikely the switch does cause a broadast storm - a loop condition however would. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements