× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: M4250-10G2F - SFP module recognized but link is down

shoval_k92
Aspirant

M4250-10G2F - SFP module recognized but link is down

Hello all,

I'm new to this so please pardon the ignorance.

I have an M4250-10G2F switch, I am connecting an SFP module - AVAGO AFBR-709SMZ .

While in the terminal command "show fiber-ports optics-info all" the SFP module is recognized and claims to be supported, I see that the link is down, and no LED turns ON on port 11.

Obviously optic cables are connected between the device and the switch.

all I need is for the port state to be UP so the connected device recognize the link.

I have no idea what am I missing here, can someone help?

Message 1 of 6
LaurentMa
NETGEAR Expert

Hi @shoval_k92 ,

Please send the tech-support file out of the switch (AV UI Diagnostics\Support Diagnostics) to us, sending an email to ProAVDesign@netgear.com with a link to this thread.

I'm afraid this module you mention is from FS and is 10G SFP+ transceiver. So, if you have a switch with 1G SFP ports it wouldn't work (you need 1G transceiver). But we will inspect your tech-support file! 

A 10G SFP+ module needs a switch with 10G SFP+ port (M4250-10G2XF-PoE+  or GSM4212PX)?

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
maria091
Initiate

It's possible that the AVAGO AFBR-709SMZ SFP module is not compatible with the M4250-10G2F switch, or that there is an issue with the optic cables. You may need to check the compatibility of the SFP module with the switch and ensure that the optic cables are properly connected. It's also possible that there is a configuration issue with the switch that needs to be addressed. It may be helpful to consult the user manual or contact the manufacturer for further assistance Read more.

Message 3 of 6
shoval_k92
Aspirant

Thank you for the help.

Can you please advise me regarding a compatible SFP transceiver?

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

https://www.netgear.com/business/wired/switches/accessories/

Select SFP, so 1000Base-SX, -LX, and -T.

Message 5 of 6
shoval_k92
Aspirant

Thank you very much!

I ordered 1000BASE-SX (AGM731F).

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation