× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Mac Based VLANs across M4100 Switches

donm35
Aspirant

Mac Based VLANs across M4100 Switches

Hi All,

Still trying to make this work. I have 4 Vlans (1 Corporate, 10 Security Cameras, 20 Fitness Equipment, 44 Guest wifi). I have 4 M4100 Switches. The corporate and guest wifis are working great! I am able to DHCP addresses on the corporate LAN 192.168.0.x and the guest wifi VLAN 192.168.2.x. I am having issues getting the fitness equipment and security cameras to work. I have configured the VLANS on all of the switches, assinged trunk ports to all switch to switch connections and have created a mac based vlan on the M4100 50G+POE and put the ports the fitness equipment is connected to as UnTagged members of VLAN 20. I am able to see the mac addresses and correct VLAN show up in the address table on teh 50G. The 50G is connected to a M4100 26G. I am unable to see those mac addresses hit that switch. I have configured the MAC Based VLAN all the wau through the 4 switches. So, realistically, I should see the mac addresses on the 50G which will get passed to the 26G through the trunk ports and then passed finally to an M4100 24G+POE and then to my Sonicwall for a DHCP address.

What am I missing?

Model: M4100-26G (GSM7224v2h2)|ProSafe 26 ports gigabit fully managed L2 switch
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements