Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

How do I free up local space on Canvas?

SamD1
Aspirant

How do I free up local space on Canvas?

My Canvas II says I only have 0.1 GB of 4 GB free. I also have cloud storage I guess. 

if I try to send a playlist I get an error telling me I'm out of space. How do I free up space using Canvas and/or app?

thanks

Model: MC327| Meural Canvas II
Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How do I free up local space on Canvas?

Hi SamD1, 

You may refer to the article below to free up space or use an SD card for additional storage.

https://kb.netgear.com/000060759/How-do-I-remove-an-image-from-a-playlist-on-my-Meural-Canvas

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
maryevelyn
Aspirant

I am also having this problem.  I have 20 G of cloud space with my membership.  But when I try to send a new playlist to the canvas it says "Failed - Your canvas is out of space."  How do I free up the space on the canvas itself? (And also why is the canvas space not as much as my storage?)  

Message 3 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @maryevelyn, welcome to the community! Were you able to try the suggested step above?

Dexter

Meural Team

Message 4 of 7
SonjaCanada
Aspirant

Do other users have the same problem as me . . .  that often the "answers" from Netgear do NOT answer the question?  

When trying to upload a (modified) playlist I am now getting the message "Failed - your canvas is out of space".

I have only 342 pictures in ONE playlist.  The Meural stats screen shows that my free space is 3.4GB out of 4.0GB.

Why am I getting this message and what can I do to fix this?

BTW - I can easily upload their sample collections . . . ?  I want to completely wipe anything old on the Meural and re-upload my playlist.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 7
SamD1
Aspirant

I agree, Nergear’s answers seem to miss the point or are a stock answer to a completely different question. Not what I expect for my subscription. 

Here is how I have solved the problem of running out is space:

- in the IOS app, go to Canvas

- open settings (the cog icon)

- canvas settings

- manage art

From here you remove playlists from your local memory. You can always later send them to canvas from the cloud. 

Message 6 of 7
SonjaCanada
Aspirant

Thanks SamD1.

Here's the wirdest part.  When I go to my android and do what you suggest, under "Manage Art" and then under "Playlists" it says . . .  No playlists found.  Go figure.  I am sitting right next to my Meural watching pictures scroll by.  Any ideas?

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays