Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Meural Leonora (MC227, gen 1) won't come 'online' during setup

felkoh-digital
Aspirant

Meural Leonora (MC227, gen 1) won't come 'online' during setup

Hi there,

I'm trying to connect my Meural Leonora canvas to my wifi. I've followed the instructions exactly and the canvas is recognised in the iPhone app once I add in my product key. I then connect to the canvas' hotspot on my phone and select and connect to my home wifi in the app. This all works, and it says "Connected!" on the canvas. However, the app then gets stuck on "Step 2 of 2 Syncing your Meural" and eventually a pop up appears saying "Your Canvas appears to be offline...". Now the canvas says it is connected to my wifi and appears both in my app and on my account online, however, it remains "offline". My wifi (an Orbi router) is working fine and I've tried turning it on/off, as well as turning the Meural on/off many times. I've also factory reset the Meural and restarted from scratch, but this did not solve it. Checking the Canvas' info it says: Software version: 2.0.3. Server status: offline. I'm in Sydney, Australia so can't call the US Netgear support number but have sent an email explaining. Has anyone had similar issues to this and figured it out? I saw a solution by @thingsrbad using an ethernet connection to the router that maybe could help, however, the first gen meurals don't come with a hardwire port -.-

Thanks, any help is much appreciated!

Felix

Model: MC227| Meural Canvas
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
felkoh-digital
Aspirant

Re: Meural Leonora (MC227, gen 1) won't come 'online' during setup

Alright since customer support on these products was dead awful and unhelpful, I figured out a pretty funny work around that I'm quite surprised worked. I downloaded the Meural app on an old iPhone (version 6) and in this older version of the app I was able to connect to my gen 1 canvas and get it online. From there, I updated the canvas software so it now comes online on my iPhone 11 app and the browser. Thanks to @thingsrbad for the initial inspiration re software incompatibility.

What stupid software this really is! Anyway, it's working for now. Standing by for next issue to arise ...

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
felkoh-digital
Aspirant

I should also mention when I look at the "canvases" section of the app and website my canvas is listed but says it is offline. When I try restartin or resetting the wifi I run into the same issues above.

Message 2 of 3
felkoh-digital
Aspirant

Alright since customer support on these products was dead awful and unhelpful, I figured out a pretty funny work around that I'm quite surprised worked. I downloaded the Meural app on an old iPhone (version 6) and in this older version of the app I was able to connect to my gen 1 canvas and get it online. From there, I updated the canvas software so it now comes online on my iPhone 11 app and the browser. Thanks to @thingsrbad for the initial inspiration re software incompatibility.

What stupid software this really is! Anyway, it's working for now. Standing by for next issue to arise ...

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays