Shop Meural NFT Display
Welcome to the Community Please Login

Newbie Meural Q - How to Access Pics on SD

Newbie Meural Q - How to Access Pics on SD

Hi all, after a slightly wobbly start wiring in my M-II, we are up and running & impressed with it.

But having just downloaded a load of photos (as a test) to a 512GB microSD and inserted into the M-II, I can't see how to access it or run the photos.

I'm sure it should be obvious but I'm not seeing it on the app. Would be grateful of some education how to do that.

Many thanks

Message 1 of 13

Re: Newbie Meural Q - How to Access Pics on SD

Evening all, just a gentle bump. Hopefully a Netgear or community member can explain how to accurately explain how to manage and access photos on a new SD card such that they can viewed on a Meural and managed on the app.

I've invested quite a lot time but so far no progress.

Alternatively if anyone knows of a Netgear support email address for Meural, that would be good as well.

Message 2 of 13
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello moonwatcher64,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

The Meural Canvas and Meural Canvas II both support storing images and videos on memory cards. 

Please ensure that the memory cards have a maximum capacity of 512 GB and must be formatted in one of the following formats:

• FAT32
  • exFAT
  • ext4

Also, please ensure that the Meural images and videos are formatted to one of the following formats: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .svg, .gif, .mp4, .mov.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 3 of 13

Hi Kevin, appreciate you coming back to me.

I have bought a high quality 512GB chip and moved files to it as it came. I will check the formatting. Certainly it works perfectly on laptop and camera and when put into a smartphone.

But assuming I have the right chip & formatting (and I know I have the right image formats) .... how do I manage the images to display on the device?

I can't see anything on the app and I cannot see anything on the Meural? I might have thought there would be a link to a manual or a support page somewhere that shows 'how to' manage images from an SD? 

But I will 100% check the format and report back. And also with details of the chip itself. Step by step etc.

Message 4 of 13
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello moonwatcher64,

Please ensure that your photos are added to a folder on your SD card. The folder must be named meural1, meural2,meural3, and meural4. The names represent the playlist on your Meural Canvas. After the folders have been created and the pictures have been added to the desired folders insert the SD card into your Meural Canvas then power cycle it. 

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 5 of 13

Thanks Kevin, OK that we can do and fair to say I did not do that. I'm away until Monday but soon as back, will put that to the test. Many thanks.

After the power cycle, I guess the photos roll in some timed sequence? How do you set the time to show each photo? On the app or the unit?

Is there any guidance as to how they can be sequenced (a playlist or suchlike?) or does the unit just pic and show they in file number order?

Also can they be managed from the app?

And is there any way to manage the photo roll from on the SD and on-line art together?

Thanks again ...  starting to make progress.

Message 6 of 13
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello moonwatcher64,

Thank you for your post!

To change the image duration log into your mymeural.netgear.com account and use the image duration to set the amount of time. The specific hours, minutes, and seconds can also be modified. The photos on the SD card will appear in the order they are on your SD card. The images on the SD card will need to be uploaded to the Meural Cloud to be successfully managed alongside online art.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 7 of 13

Super stuff, thanks Kevin. I'm away till Monday but will try that soon as back.

And is there any limit to the size/amount you can upload and store in the Meural cloud? Or can you purchase additional? 

Our approach is that we had a large kitchen wall that we used to mount about 220 4 x 6 photos on wires and small magnets reflecting the years events etc but that the main store of all the dross photos we leave on a NAS and the normal Amazon/Google stores. But we could certainly benefit from storing 2-300 high resolution and large file size images. The HD images that come off my Panasonic camera are pretty big.

Thanks again

Message 8 of 13
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello moonwatcher64,

Thank you for your response!

You can purchase additional storage for your Meural Canvas by subscribing to our membership. Meural membership members receive access to 20 GB of Meural Cloud storage for personal uploads. Non-members only receive 4 GB of Cloud storage.

Please navigate to the link below for more Meural Membership features:

https://www.netgear.com/home/digital-art-canvas/membership/

Best,
Kevin

Community Team

Message 9 of 13

Hi Kevin, yes it turns out we have this and optioned it from day 1. Still not fully understanding quite how to use it and documentation seems hard to find. But that that's for another post.

Have checked that SD is formatted correctly but was not using the correct folder naming strategy. Will be putting this right and testing again shortly

Thanks

Message 10 of 13

Hi Kevin, apologies been a while, been away.

Still struggling some to get photos off the SD card. Infact I've bought a 2nd Meural and using that one off wall right now to try this out with.

Following your instructions (hopefully correctly), I'm using a 128GB SD. I formatted that to Win10 default format which I think meets your format recommendation.

The unit is connected to Wifi but I'm not seeing anything on the SD using the main unit swipe or indeed via the app. 

If I use Browse then I can see 'Classic Sampler' and 'Modern Sampler' but no obvious access to the SD chip.

Unfortunately this is fairly key as the application area for the Meural is currently non-wifi. It will be in near future but could really do with somehow accessing the SD

Help as always would be greatly welcome

Many thanks

Message 11 of 13

Forgot to add that I did add folder as meural1 as well.

Thanks

Message 12 of 13
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello moonwatcher64,

Thank you for your post!

Please format your SD card to FAT32. There are instances that Win10 will format drives to the NTFS format as default. NTFS is a newer drive format than the FAT32. However, it will not work with your Meural Canvas.

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 13 of 13
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Shop Meural NFT Displays