× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Connectin a NAS to my NightHawk

RikyRomei
Aspirant

Connectin a NAS to my NightHawk

Hello,

I would like to connect my NAS WD MyCloud EX2 with Ethernet. So when I'm travelling I can read/write to it.
My current - and test - configuration is:

1. NAS connected to my ADSL/Fibre router with ethernet cable, fixed IP. I connect to the router with its WiFi and it works (few years now).

This config will have to go.

I tried:

1. NAS connected straight to MR1100 (same subnet 192.168.0.*). PC on WiFi with MR1100.  I ping the NAS it but PC won't find it.
  2. Ethernet offloading with MR1100 cabled to router. Ok, but I won't have that router on the road

Do I need any hardware (like an indoor WiFi router with LAN. Ex. WiFiRanger's GoAC)?
Or just a switch will do?
Or, last option, I get an USB external disk and I ditch the WD MyCloud NAS?

Any suggestion is welcome.
Thanks

Model: MR1100|Nighthawk M1 Mobile Router
Message 1 of 3
JSchnee21
Virtuoso

Re: Connectin a NAS to my NightHawk

Google Cloud or Amazon Drive are likely the simplest solution.  I get 2TB from Google for $199 / year.

You can also connect a USB thumbdrive or USB connected external HD directly to the MR1100

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Mobile-Routers-Hotspots-Modems/Netgear-Nighthawk-MR1100-M1-NAS-stor...

Are you trying to stream movies or something without using your cellular data?  Are you sharing across multiple computers?  (aka why not just connect the thumbdrive/drive to your PC?)

Message 2 of 3
RikyRomei
Aspirant

Re: Connectin a NAS to my NightHawk

Thanks for the answer.

I bought a WiFi DAS and I have everything in my LAN now.

I could also connect it to the MR1100 USB port... if it would work!

For that problem (USB sloppy) I have a ticket open and maybe, before I die, they will reply with a solution

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7