× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

LB2120 - default ADMIN password INCORRECT

andymet87
Initiate

LB2120 - default ADMIN password INCORRECT

So I have just opened up my new LB2120 to set it up (ditching my wired broadband in favour of 4G which should boost my broadband speed significantly).

However, I have fallen at the first hurdle. I go to the settings/access page where it asks for the admin login, I type in the password as provided on the sticker on the unit and I get a message saying the password is wrong.... I have tried many times so am not mistyping. 

...Help! 

Do I really need to return the unit and get another one? I'm wondering if the wrong sticker was put on the unit. Is there any workaround I could try?

Model: LB2120|4G LTE Modem
Message 1 of 5
iSarge4
Aspirant

Re: LB2120 - default ADMIN password INCORRECT

You might need to do a "Factory Reset" on the device.  On the bottom of the device, you will find a "recessed" button, which is only reachable by inserting one end of a paper clip into it.  Press the paper clip into the recessed "reset" area and HOLD the pressed position for 20 seconds.  Then, after 20 seconds, remove the paper clip from the "reset" hole.  Your LB2120 should now restart.  At this time, you want to try using the Admin password which is on the sticker of the LB2120.

That is the information I got from the official Netgear LB2120 User Manual.  You can read it for yourself if you need further instruction.

Hope this works for you.

Message 2 of 5
iSarge4
Aspirant

On Page 13 of the User Manual (for LB2120), it has a picture of the sticker which is affixed to the LB2120.  On that sticker is the word "Reset" with a small hole next to it.  Insert the end of a paper clip into that hole and press for 20 seconds (probably 10 seconds is fine) then remove the paper clip from the hole.  Now try your admin password that is printed on the same label affixed to the LB2120.

Message 3 of 5
andymet87
Initiate

Thanks both. After a lengthy chat with tech support (and resetting several times) we agreed that the password on the back was wrong. I've now got a replacement and all works as it should. No idea what had happened but the password was simply incorrect..!
Message 4 of 5
MemoryPhantasm
Aspirant

@My Wegmans Connect wrote:
Thanks both. After a lengthy chat with tech support (and resetting several times) we agreed that the password on the back was wrong. I've now got a replacement and all works as it should. No idea what had happened but the password was simply incorrect..!

Your LB2120 should now restart.  At this time, you want to try using the Admin password which is on the sticker of the LB2120.

That is the information I got from the official Netgear LB2120 User Manual.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7